Largest Possible Track...

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres the info.... 1993 Arctic Cat EXT550 EFI Mountain Cat, 136" Track 2.52Pitch... Looking at 1.25-1.5 ... The one that I am looking at is the Camoplast COBRA with a lug height of 1.352" MY question is if this will fir my sled...???? I want to greatly increase the "Loose snow" capabilities of this sled and would like to start with the track, as right now it only has a 3/4" that is factory from 1993... Thanks for all the help!!! Been using this site more and more every day!!!! Great info, great tips....

Last edited:

Wingwalker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres the info.... 1993 Arctic Cat EXT550 EFI Mountain Cat, 136" Track 2.52Pitch... Looking at 1.25-1.5 ... The one that I am looking at is the Camoplast COBRA with a lug height of 1.352" MY question is if this will fir my sled...???? I want to greatly increase the "Loose snow" capabilities of this sled and would like to start with the track, as right now it only has a 3/4" that is factory from 1993... Thanks for all the help!!! Been using this site more and more every day!!!! Great info, great tips....

Try attaching wooden blocks to your track and rotate it by hand to see what clearance you have available

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How would I preform this test?? U mean like get a 2X4, set it on my track.and see if it clears what?the Heat Exchangers? What about the Drivers?? Should I take into consideration compression of the suspension???

cookn

Reaction score
Give Curtis a shout at Tracks Canada
his web site is
Tracks Canada
403-701-5038
very knowledgeable and always willing to help.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try attaching wooden blocks to your track and rotate it by hand to see what clearance you have available

How would I preform this test?? U mean like get a 2X4, set it on my track.and see if it clears what?the Heat Exchangers? What about the Drivers?? Should I take into consideration compression of the suspension???

No fawking way. pmpl:eek:

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is my thinking outside the box , what do i have in sight idea. Take peice of cardboard , tape it to the track, be real about how high to go, inch or so over the track. paint the showing cardboard with heavy praypaint, rotate the track by hand , go a bit lower than where it touches.

Or call that guy might be a whole lot less work

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds Easier to Talk to the man who knows all on tracks... Actually changed my mind, the Camoplast Cobra looks to be the one that will suit my needs best!!!! Thx again!!

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the location of your heat exchangers cat has two styles you may need knoched track if the xchers are running in the middle of the tunnel , and gear the chain case down for a little more torque , lay machine on its side look and measure between drive shaft and tunnel 1.5 inch should fit

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the location of your heat exchangers cat has two styles you may need knoched track if the xchers are running in the middle of the tunnel , and gear the chain case down for a little more torque , lay machine on its side look and measure between drive shaft and tunnel 1.5 inch should fit

I figured that the coolers will possibly give me grief... Could a guy get away with running just the rear cooler (my model has one right by the Drivers and one at the rear of the tunnel) if he gets enough snow movement and assists in cooling with scratchers... THX again!!!

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Props to curtis @ tracks canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Helped me out like i was a long time customer!!!!!!!!! I think he just added another customer to his list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom