Lac Ste. Anne County Bans All ATV - UTV use April 26 2024 Fire Risk, UFN.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The County has issued a COMPLETE RECREATIONAL ATV/UTV BAN effective Friday, April 26, 2024 until further notice.

County Issues Complete Recreational ATV/UTV Ban​

26 April 2024
A complete Ban on recreational ATV/UTV use is now in effect within Lac Ste. Anne County due to the EXTREME fire risk. This Ban will remain in effect until further notice.

Due to EXTREME fire risk​

Due to low precipitation, high winds, and warm temperatures, the fine fuel load – grass and light leafy vegetation, in all regions of the County is at an extreme risk for ignition from ATV and UTV exhaust systems. Tall grass, crop residue, etc., along trail systems and wildland areas often can ignite from direct exhaust and/or direct contact with exhaust and sparks from mufflers and piping from these vehicle types readily at this time of year.
Please note: required agricultural and industrial operator ATV/UTV use is exempt from this Ban; however, extreme caution and continuous monitoring are advised.

Further Resources​

Please report any smoke or wildfire to 9-1-1. Provide the exact location to 911 to assist Lac Ste. Anne County Fire Services personnel in locating and extinguishing these fires promptly. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
For further information, please contact the Lac Ste. Anne County Fire Services department at 780.785.3411 (toll-free 1.866.880.5722) or visit CountyFire.ca.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
EV OHV’s should be exempt!

They claim hot exhaust as the risk.

1714150042873.gif

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The County has issued a COMPLETE RECREATIONAL ATV/UTV BAN effective Friday, April 26, 2024 until further notice.

26 April 2024
A complete Ban on recreational ATV/UTV use is now in effect within Lac Ste. Anne County due to the EXTREME fire risk. This Ban will remain in effect until further notice.

Due to low precipitation, high winds, and warm temperatures, the fine fuel load – grass and light leafy vegetation, in all regions of the County is at an extreme risk for ignition from ATV and UTV exhaust systems. Tall grass, crop residue, etc., along trail systems and wildland areas often can ignite from direct exhaust and/or direct contact with exhaust and sparks from mufflers and piping from these vehicle types readily at this time of year.
Please note: required agricultural and industrial operator ATV/UTV use is exempt from this Ban; however, extreme caution and continuous monitoring are advised.

Further Resources​

Please report any smoke or wildfire to 9-1-1. Provide the exact location to 911 to assist Lac Ste. Anne County Fire Services personnel in locating and extinguishing these fires promptly. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
For further information, please contact the Lac Ste. Anne County Fire Services department at 780.785.3411 (toll-free 1.866.880.5722) or visit CountyFire.ca.

EV OHV’s should be exempt!

They claim hot exhaust as the risk.

View attachment 282578
I wouldn’t hesitate to off highway and electric one right now. I’ve quaded at night and watched hot Muskeg Sparks fall off mufflers in the dark. Definitely the exhaust has risk if you don’t keep your exhaust clean.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

26 April 2024

Further Resources​

With bans now in Parkland county/Lac Ste Anne i am pretty sure Paul FN/Alexis/Alexander will be exempt though.:unsure::LOL:

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill have to ask my daughter inlaw if paul band is exempt. She teaches there and the stories she tells me blows my mind lll

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill have to ask my daughter inlaw if paul band is exempt. She teaches there and the stories she tells me blows my mind lll
Oh i bet, i also bet Enoch is exempt as i seen a guy ripping down the side road the other day.

Top Bottom