KTM 505 SX-F help

Mike_505_SXF

Reaction score
Hey there I was looking for some Help / Insight on my bike.
I was out riding over the May long and after following up some junior riders (and riding quite slow) my bike heated up and when I went to take off it stalled out...not a seize but a stall and I couldn't get it going after a long cool down.
I pulled the plug and had very minimal compression and when I held my hand over the exhaust it would push and suck:shrug:
I pulled the head off and can see the cams all turning well. I proceeded to pop the exhaust off and could see the valves all running well.

Right after turning the bike over I can hear a gargling from the exhaust valve area?

I don't know what this could be I would guess a cracked ring or some timing/valve issue.

Any Ideas as to what this could be?
Also and shops/mechanics you could recommend in the stony plain / Edmonton area

Thanks a bunch,
Mike

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like and exhaust valve stuck open or burnt up not sealing which will cause exactly what you just mentioned,low compression,sucking through exhaust

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's defiantly not your cam chain tensioner. If it was it would have skipped a tooth and you would have had valve contact and wouldn't kick over. You will have low compression because there is a decompressor on the exhaust cam that retracts after 250 rpm to help in easy starting (Try to kick over a YZ426 or early YZ250F, it's not fun) The gargling you are hearing is the piston doing it's stoke in the cylinder.

Chances are is just a spark plug. Try replacing it.

Top Bottom