Kijiji horror stories

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any point in reporting scammers or can they even be found? I had 3 in one day on a bike I'm trying to sell

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My boss had an interested buyer in his tires, guy claimed to be coming back at 6 that night, so he pulled them from the shed and moved em to his garage, sure as shite, this morning, the shed door was open.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My boss had an interested buyer in his tires, guy claimed to be coming back at 6 that night, so he pulled them from the shed and moved em to his garage, sure as shite, this morning, the shed door was open.

Did he forget to lock the shed?

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sounds like he was going for the same thing that happened to the old man. Cant trust no one....friggin deadbeats

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well just bought another truck........ thanks Kijiji, lol.

Now only one more truck left and then I don't know whats next...... Probably a big deck front mount lawnmower......

It never ends, lol.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People using there computer to sell stuff, but only want to respond to phone calls not emails..wtf. Use the Bargain finder then if you like talking on the phone.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like he was going for the same thing that happened to the old man. Cant trust no one....friggin deadbeats

Yep. Sure seems like. The door was latched the night before. Did a reverse phone lookup and I think the fella may be getting a visit...

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

wow that guy must have balls, or not thinking. its almost as if you need to come out of your house with a shot gun, show of force so he doesnt get any ideas for later that night or weeks later

a little off topic, anyone ever use those motion seonsor lights with the camera built in? that would be a perfect thing to have for kijiji selling

Stickyfingers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People using there computer to sell stuff, but only want to respond to phone calls not emails..wtf. Use the Bargain finder then if you like talking on the phone.
I am one of those guys because so many people email the stupidest questions like is it still for sale and dumb stuff like trades when the add clearly says no trades it seems like emails always are for tire kickers. If they actually wanna buy it they will call and ask serious questions or a time to view it.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am one of those guys because so many people email the stupidest questions like is it still for sale and dumb stuff like trades when the add clearly says no trades it seems like emails always are for tire kickers. If they actually wanna buy it they will call and ask serious questions or a time to view it.

Not necessarily. When I was truck hunting I would ask quick questions about certain options the truck had because no one seems to list anything relevant anymore... If it had them, I would call and discuss viewing it, if I didn't I would thank them and move on. I get tired of calling sellers, asking the questions, and then when they answer no listen to some either arrogant BS line or sob sorry. Email cuts that out of the equation usually.

If they couldn't be bothered to reply, too bad, keep it!

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they email you dumb questions you do not have to answer them. If your on the phone you have to answer all the dumb questions, or listen to some idiot on the other end for 10 minutes figuring he will make a difference on the sale. Besides with emails nobody can lie.....it is in writing... so is there address.

Stickyfingers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily. When I was truck hunting I would ask quick questions about certain options the truck had because no one seems to list anything relevant anymore... If it had them, I would call and discuss viewing it, if I didn't I would thank them and move on. I get tired of calling sellers, asking the questions, and then when they answer no listen to some either arrogant BS line or sob sorry. Email cuts that out of the equation usually.

If they couldn't be bothered to reply, too bad, keep it!
Arrogant bs line or sob story makes me wonder what you were buying? I cut to the point and am very descriptive about what I am selling in my add. I understand that a lot of people aren't however. Just goes both ways can be a stupid buyer or seller with keygeegee.

Stickyfingers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they email you dumb questions you do not have to answer them. If your on the phone you have to answer all the dumb questions, or listen to some idiot on the other end for 10 minutes figuring he will make a difference on the sale. Besides with emails nobody can lie.....it is in writing... so is there address.
Kijiji no longer uses exact addresses now only postal codes for privacy. I prefer phone calls is all had way more dumb emails which I do ignore then dumb phone calls I can quickly get out of using a simple excuse if someone is annoying. Im surprised the bargain finder is even around anymore?

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sooooo ... is it still 4 sale ??? its a legit question for farks sake! if you posted it 4 weeks ago and I just got back from camp ... well ... if its da shizzle its prob gone.

buddy was trying to sell an S10 and got bizzare texts we quess from europe. saying shite like "just moved down to england and want another one" ... sorry left drive in england? very poor spelling and hard to read. kept pestering at weird times of day, never haggled on price but wanted bank account details to "transfer money and pay for shipping"
the whole thing was a joke. we laughed at e very text which was several a day until my buddy said ...

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AND ...

the amount of people that forget to type very important info,
price ... dont laugh! I'm offended as to how many times I sworn at my laptop over this.
km's very relivant eh?
and if you cant post pics, please wait unitl you can.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck finding your skis Stickyfingers, i just sold mine on kijiji using email for 40 bucks.

Last edited:

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arrogant bs line or sob story makes me wonder what you were buying? I cut to the point and am very descriptive about what I am selling in my add. I understand that a lot of people aren't however. Just goes both ways can be a stupid buyer or seller with keygeegee.

Gm trucks. I dunno, people are morons. Ads generally don't say anything or something dumb like "loaded but leather". Then you inquire or look at it and the only actual options it has are power windows and door locks. People can't grasp a loaded but leather means something like buckets/bose stereo/auto climate control/power seat/steering wheel controls, etc or least some of them. Not a 40/20/40 crew cab with the manual climate and nothing else.....

Too many times the seller seems to want to tell me his life story.... which I am sorry I don't care. Or else when I ask the questions about history, options or whatever I get the dead air silence on the other end because they don't know anything beyond it has 4 round black things on it and they put gas in it. So then they feel some kind of stupid snarky response is a good option because obviously if I am interested in finding out what I can before I make that drive I am obviously not serious.

Email omits listening to the stupidity.

I have sold just as much as much as I have bought on Kijiji ( which is a lot... hundreds or more) and I have gotten a lot more frustrated with stupidity being the buyer than I ever have as a seller.

Last edited:

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one I like is the "rims for sale" but they don't tell you what size, bolt pattern , offset. Or width!

Top Bottom