Kaslo - Nelson New years Trip , Looking for accomodations & Riding Areas or info

rstewart

Reaction score
Hi, we are looking at doing a week long trip from Dec 27 To Jan 3rd - 4th ish....
Anyone have any info for Kaslo - Accomodations, areas to ride , over all previous conditions

Also ... ANY input as to other areas near by, such as Nelson or Somewhere down in that region with a possible Sled in/out Would be awesome:d

Thanks

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Kaslo - Nelson New years Trip , Looking for accomodations & Riding Areas or info

Pm sent

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Kaslo - Nelson New years Trip , Looking for accomodations & Riding Areas or info

Snow is quite skinny in the Nelson/Castlegar area until February most years compared to other areas. Lots of areas to ride though.

We stay with family so I can't help you out with suggestions for accommodations. It is my favourite area to ride though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acm1t

Reaction score

True blue lodge. My inlaws own it. Nice cabins and cheap. Ill be up there on new years and could show you some spots if you would like. pm me with your info and we'll figure something out

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

True blue lodge. My inlaws own it. Nice cabins and cheap. Ill be up there on new years and could show you some spots if you would like. pm me with your info and we'll figure something out

Hey I'm staying there right now for work. Really nice rooms and are a great deal, I was just put onto them two weeks ago and two thumbs up here!

snowtracker

Reaction score

thinking of heading to kaslo for the Whiteout Festival in late jan myself hoping to do a week or so depending on snow conditions.

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

thinking of heading to kaslo for the Whiteout Festival in late jan myself hoping to do a week or so depending on snow conditions.

We did some riding in the Kaslo area last year, and it was amazing. That is if you like fresh pow and no people.

acm1t

Reaction score

You guys are right, Kaslo is a little hidin jem!! Again if anyone wants the info for true blue lodge just pm me and I'd gladly hook you up. I'll be up there on boxing day weekend and the weekend after that then different times through out the season.

snowtracker

Reaction score

Any snow reports out there

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not much down low. Guys been riding their dirt bikes.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ya well mabe I can still get a bike and ride it before newyears

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Looks like it's coming guys, 5-6 feet up top and still some snow fall adding to this but would like to see twice that before I'm riding big back country ground...plus the avi rating is high so be safe out there.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Where is there the 5-6 feet?

Had a few buddies out riding the Norns on the weekend. They probed 120cm there off the airport.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Our castelgar club reporting 150cm at the airport and lots more up at the ladybird cabin in the back. Rode meadow today and it was tracked up but still endless powder in the nooks and crannys...I would say a solid 5 ft or more. Only thing that was making the shoots today were the boosted nytros.
yah big snow dump on the 27

snowtracker

Reaction score

any updates

acm1t

Reaction score

look on selkirk's website they keep a snow report on there.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sitting in Mexico right now so I can't say...snowing when I left. Got some big dumps early jan so it's starting to add up.
cheers.

Top Bottom