kakwa winter camp spots

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any of the kakawa guys here about any changes to winter sled camp spots this year.i think it should be changed from the race on nov 1.it seems that alot of camps were up way before nov 1.mabey a lottery?

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To bad rules can't be followed. Do we get the permits at the snowmobile club meeting or can we go to the forestry?

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont know theres nothing on the club website,probably at the meeting.hope there is a change of somekind...

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told you can pick up your permits at the meeting on the 19th. After that, you can get them at Forestry.

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i did here that but i doubt it.the problem is they gave out 160 some permits and only got like 200 trail passess. sold.i hope this year they go with a deal where if you get a camp permit,you should have to buy a min of 2 trail passess.and i know its hard but they should have a booth at the trail head on weekends like other areas in bc,but you need volenteers and its not like its close to gp either.just my 2 cents...

darkday

Reaction score
i did here that but i doubt it.the problem is they gave out 160 some permits and only got like 200 trail passess. sold.i hope this year they go with a deal where if you get a camp permit,you should have to buy a min of 2 trail passess.and i know its hard but they should have a booth at the trail head on weekends like other areas in bc,but you need volenteers and its not like its close to gp either.just my 2 cents...

I heard that as well, lots of camps and people but not very many trail passes, WTF?
I'm wondering is there a fee for a camp permit? if so how much? Thanks

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is talk of a 100 fee this year,which is ok but like i said if we are now paying there should also be a way of everybody geting a fair pick at a spot.i think the days of the nov 1 midnight race should be changed,and the old :ive had this spot for 10 years :also no more.a pic out of a hat would work.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard quite a few stories of guys "bullying" others out of spots they say are theirs. makes me want to go and set up a camp just to piss them off.

what prevents a guy from just camping out there for a week before the camps are supposed to go in, and then just leaving it there in your desired spot? don't you have to claim your spot and then go get your permit with your camp's co-ordinates?

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how its been is you go to the first club meeting,get a permit from forestry,spots open nov1 at midnight,first come first serve.but last year we were out nov 1 at like 7 am,the was one spot left on the loop by the parking lot,3/4 of the spot had camps set up,no one around and about 3-4 inches of snow on the roofs.it hadnt snowed for a day or 2.i guess if nothing changes this year at the meeting,we will do the same.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how its been is you go to the first club meeting,get a permit from forestry,spots open nov1 at midnight,first come first serve.but last year we were out nov 1 at like 7 am,the was one spot left on the loop by the parking lot,3/4 of the spot had camps set up,no one around and about 3-4 inches of snow on the roofs.it hadnt snowed for a day or 2.i guess if nothing changes this year at the meeting,we will do the same.
from what my buddy told me, they go out there first with camp and then get the permit with the gps location when they come back to town.

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no camps till nov 1 12.00 am,but if no one says anything all the power to him,might just do the same...

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no camps till nov 1 12.00 am,but if no one says anything all the power to him,might just do the same...
just talked to him again, you're right....they have to go to the meeting first.

there is nothing stopping one from camping on crown land for a period of 14 days before you have to move, I suspect that's how those guys are doing it. how is anyone to know any camp set up before the Nov. 1st date isn't planning on staying? go a week early....

Top Bottom