SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
P6140031.jpg P6140044.jpg

Here's a couple of pics from the West access to Jumbo. Doesn't look too sled friendly from here.

Last edited:

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jumbo? ... Panorama? Been skiing there many times, wore my sled gear on the hill, ...not so friend! No sledding up there now, so not sure why it would be "sled friendly" after the resort is built? Still amazes me at the blind ignorance the general population has toward the snowmobile community, ... but it's ok to develop another huge resort, Keep walking folks...no enviro impact here! Move along now... People are like cattle, and developers and politicians are like wolves!

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure 'Jumbo' is where the Canadian Olympic ski teams practice in the summer months.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Scott Neidemeyer is against it and wants to keep it wild......on the next breath, he takes the Stanley Cup via helicopter up on top of Mt. Fisher for a photo shoot. What's with that?

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sad part of it is, that they are looking to foreign money for investors. Why not keep it Canadian.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple of pics from the West access to Jumbo. Doesn't look too sled friendly from here.

which way (valley) up is this photo taken??

You know i am all for sledding and what not, and heck i haven ridden up there back in the day when you could.... but really this is prestine land up jumbo. The resort will just wreck what is existing. As well what is this going to do to panorama. Why would i want to ski pano, when i could drive another 20min for glacier skiing.... it is up the same valley and the same road. these people are not sledder friendly, you should see the amount of signs up here, they are littered everywhere. EVERY road/loggin branch road is marked with signs that they do not want you up here or anything motorized for that fact. from jumbo/glacier dome you have acces to commander icefield (littered with cravas), lake of the hanging glacier, and access to the starbird glacier. So when i go hiking up to lake of the hanging glacier, now i have to look at ski lifts? Hell the jumbo side doesnt even carry snow throughout the summer. I just understand the logic, the glacier has recieded way back and the jumbo bowl is full of avy terrain. Myself, even though it brings economy for the valley i would not be a support by any means just based on the enviornmental impact.

Last edited:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah it's a sad day yes the premier approved it but it came down to enviromental and public opinion looks like they didnt take public opinion into consideration cause the polls and surveys show more than 80% are against it then for it! and yes they are asking and relying on foreign investors for support. Panorama 20 minutes away it sure sounds like another fortress nakiska episode again! yes there is some mines back there and on an old sawmill site but the surrounding valley and jumbo pass itself is breath taking! and like oler says now we gotta look at ski lifts when we hike in the area! ban the sledders cause there tracks melt but let the resorts in cause there place doesnt leave a big footprint says the skiiers and enviromentalists!

Top Bottom