Is the problem gearing or clutching (D08)?

Dragon 8

Reaction score
I have a 08 800 155 i have been playing with this exact problem for 2 weeks now i have adjusted the belt as high as i dare and get 8050 end of story. I had a 6200 rpm bog they remapped got rid of the bog there, now at the 8050 mark i sputter and fart,Polaris has been no help at all at least not my dealer i wont mention names lets just say my sled spends alot of time in Athabasca when not in the mountains. It is bone stock except for specialty sled ceramic can. Not impressed at all with Polaris support I guess i will have to figure out myself/forums.

Brad62

Reaction score
I had a sputter as well at the high end and it ended up being a short in the hand warmers. Try unplugging the hand warmers and see what happens. that fixed that problem anyway. I finally got the RPM's up I geared it down like they say here and put a different primary spring in. All I had to try around the shop was a SLP blue/yellow, not sure on the specs. Put that in and it woke right up. Still around 8200 with 60's Some more fine tuning and should be back in shape.

PlayKing

Reaction score
My theory was not right. Also first day .5 km from truck seized my engine. During the day rpm 7900 with new springs, primary and secondary no better. I got to buy a ch!t load of springs and weights and drop gearing and try to get 8300. Rode 09 d8 spining 8300 climbed awsome. Guy wouldent tell me what he was running. Even stopped me from taking side panel off! Sled was fixed in one day with 09 piston upgrade and reflash of computer. Thanks Cross Country Sales in Sedgwick AB. Back to the drawing board.

Top Bottom