Irricana gravel pit

Crazed

Reaction score
Directions to Irricana gravel pit

Can anyone give me any information? Looking for directions or a map and if they are still open. Normally ride Mclean or waiprous looking for somewhere new. Any info would be appreciated. Hoping to ride tomorrow.

Last edited:

leowalker

Reaction score
hay buddy so what you want to do is drive to airdrie then go east on the second exit into airdrie should be marked irricana. drive for about 30 mins east until you get to irricana turn right into irricana go through the town going straite until the end you will come across stop sign keep to the left and over the train track go down that road until you come to a stop sign, go strait and its about 5 minutes down that road. you will see a couple of hills to your right and hopefully dirt bikes about half a km to your right. then all you want to do is make a right here up the gravel hill, through the gate less gates you will know what i mean when you get there, park and ride! good luck bud

Crazed

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if its still open and if quads are allowed?

leowalker

Reaction score
yeah shes still open and busy as hell i was there last month just as the snow was clearing thre must have been 30 bikes out and yip quads are welcome. theres no one there to moderate as far as i know the land belongs to CP rail and they dont really care as long as everyone picks up there garbage and beer and what not. im going there sunday. but its open, if your riding mclean this wont compare at all, its alot smaller but i enjoy it 45 mins from north calgary. im guessing it wont be as busy with mclean having less snow now than last month.

ZSTAR

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the irricana gravel pit is still open to the public for riding. The last i heard that maybe cp rail took over the property ? Can you still ride there ??? Would be much closer then going to mclean creek. Especially if you have kids with you riding. Now that chestemer lake is now water again. If you hear anything can you please let me know. Thank you.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Re: Directions to Irricana gravel pit

I have never been there and probably never will but I am surprised that you can ride a quad or bike in there , usually anything CN or CP owns is private property and if your on it you can get charged with trespassing. They do have their own police as well.

Not saying that's the case here but you never know ,

ZSTAR

Reaction score

I have heard from a couple of people that ride out there , and say if you are clean and don't trash the place as far as garbage and stuff goes then you are ok. But i would rather be sure then end up with a fine or a charge. I understand from reading a couple of older treads that it was open at one point , but not to sure if it still is ? and if they still allow that sort of thing.

ZSTAR

Reaction score

Does anyone know of any places close by to calgary to ride your bike or quad ? Other then mclean creek and wiaporous ? That are decent ?

medler

I love guns
Reaction score

Lots of people ride burnt timber out west of water valley. It's numbered trails and stuff. Basically the same as wiapourous

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Bringing back this older thread. anyone know if you can still ride Irricana? living in Airdire, its a close place to go burn some gas

Top Bottom