Interest rates hike reflects ‘unusual’ circumstances

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't care how good of view it has, I would never live in an apartment. Call it whatever fancy name you want it's still an apartment living way too close to tons of other people.

It 30million$ Its out of most peoples budget I would think

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't understand the huge house prices. If you can afford $15M on a place in Kelowna you are truly elite and can buy anywhere in the world you want. Preferably a summer house where it's always summer and easily still have enough leftover for a handful of other places in varying climates.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't understand the huge house prices. If you can afford $15M on a place in Kelowna you are truly elite and can buy anywhere in the world you want. Preferably a summer house where it's always summer and easily still have enough leftover for a handful of other places in varying climates.

Guys like this have more than one nice place usually.

Worked on a big estate in alberta, the guy was from germany that owned it, guy is rarely there.

People that own stuff like that work alot...

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys like this have more than one nice place usually.

Worked on a big estate in alberta, the guy was from germany that owned it, guy is rarely there.

People that own stuff like that work alot...
If I had a 9 figure net worth I wouldn't be wasting my time in Kelowna is my point.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I had a 9 figure net worth I wouldn't be wasting my time in Kelowna is my point.

Would you buy in Alberta then? Cause there is 15 million dollar houses there too.

Ask them why. Guess they like it.

Plus alot of people that own stuff like that are 10 figure guys and spend a limited amount of time at their vacation property's

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The German guy im talking about has a 10million dollar estate at gabsby lake west of Stettler.

Would you buy a 10million dollar house in stettler?

No me niether. But this guy did.

Its for sale now too: https://www.gadsbylakelodge.ca/

Listed at 8.2 million

Kelowna yes i would though.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or how about a 20million dollar house in Saskatchewan? Owner of Brandt tractor has something like that...

Might not be 20. But it was stupid...

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The German guy im talking about has a 10million dollar estate at gabsby lake west of Stettler.

Would you buy a 10million dollar house in stettler?

No me niether. But this guy did.

Its for sale now too: https://www.gadsbylakelodge.ca/

Listed at 8.2 million

Kelowna yes i would though.
Most people I know with big money are in Arizona, Florida, Brazil and sprinkled in Central America, none in Mexico.
Not in Canada for their main retreat.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most people I know with big money are in Arizona, Florida, Brazil and sprinkled in Central America, none in Mexico.
Not in Canada for their main retreat.

Lots of people like it here i guess.

I dont think this guy spends too much time at the place by stettler. Probably why its for sale. Gonna be a hard sell though.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about this place, it is 780 million USD. It is on the French Riviera

Imagine the mortgage payments on that 🤣

Chick that owns it got rich through divorce too. 83 years old, maybe shes looking for a new boy friend Lol

#truly elite

Villa_Leopolda.jpg

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd have a huge ranch/gun range in MT before any of the above places. Plenty of "Stay the fawk out" signs to go with...

I think ted turner has around 200,000 acre ranch in MT. (And 18 other ranches all over the world) Might be right up your alley.

I like the water. I want to beable to park the yahct out back.. i grew up on a ranch, so kinda over it.

Last edited:

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think ted turner has around 200,000 acre ranch in MT. (And 18 other ranches all over the world) Might be right up your alley.

I like the water. I want to beable to park the yahct out back.. i grew up on a ranch, so kinda over it.
Found you a place Dan.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last time interest rates went through the roof, was the aftermath of P Trudeau's spending habits. This one will be far worse.
I sure hope you’re right… I can hardly wait to see what happens… a severe interest rate hike will flush out all the people who are over extended…

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found you a place Dan.

Ive been in that place
Ridiculous to say the least
Owners have completed build 4 years ago and maintainence guy that let me in say owner sleep there 3-4 times per year. Said they prefer edmonton home. WTF

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a wealthy Russian business guy who owns a big ranch out here. Has a huge pool, landing strip and Heli pad. He heli lifts his sleds into riding areas, doesn't like riding the trails lol.

Top Bottom