INfo on Sump pump battery powered

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello all, any of you have a Sump pump battery powered system in your basement by chance i have the standard electric on in my basement but i want the battery powered one for peace of mind , any recomendation of compagny or plummers, thank you in advance.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wondered if the battery powered pump could keep up. My pump ran for a week straight. 1 1/2" piping moves a lot of water. I do plan on buying the dual pump setup from Princess Auto. An automatic backup would be great. I've also hooked up a basic water level alarm just case something goes wrong and I have to run and grab the garbage pump. I put the alarm sensor at a height that buys me some time.
This year my pump failed. The alarm went off at 5:30 and I quickly replaced the pump with the backup I keep in the garage.
Working with black ABS pipe is pretty easy but if your not comfortable, a plumber is a good idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw a twin pump setup at Canadian tire one AC /one battery. Can't remember pump volume, but seemed comparable with the others on the shelf. I'm thinking a battery would only last long for you to get out your generator, fire it up and plug your primary pump into it unless you had a big bank of batteries. Motors are hard on batteries.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
friend of mine just had this happen, he set up an auto start generator system after a power outage during a storm destroyed his finished basement while he was away.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
friend of mine just had this happen, he set up an auto start generator system after a power outage during a storm destroyed his finished basement while he was away.
You can get those for around 10K installed. Pretty much run the whole house as long as you have fuel.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one installed it works pretty good, but expensive. Try to find one with a quality charging system.
I tested the battery back up during this springs melt and it had no problem keeping up. It would have to be a major extended power outage before I would get my generator running.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom