Importing guns from the states!!!

toomuchsledformyowngood

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seeing the drastic price differences drives me absolutly nuts! im looking into purchasing a new hand gun, and the price diff is 600$ which is bull. Anyone now if theres a way to import them, legally of course. I seriously doubt it but then again once in awhile crazy things do happen. lol

i had the crazy idea of importing the gun piece by piece, which ounds stupid but could be a loop hole?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can import it, just takes lots of paperwork and time. Need to buy then gun, get the import permit from our government then the export permit from the US. I also think you can check around with some of the shops as they may do the paperwork for you, for a fee.

toomuchsledformyowngood

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can import it, just takes lots of paperwork and time. Need to buy then gun, get the import permit from our government then the export permit from the US. I also think you can check around with some of the shops as they may do the paperwork for you, for a fee.
so basicly its a severe hassle?!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It depends on how much you mind doing the paperwork and dealing with the government. I dont have the desire to do it so I will always pay more. Another thing to be aware of is the laws we have. For example alot of handguns they have are 16 round mags where we are limited to 10. The the magazines would have to be pinned by the seller and documented before the process takes palce.

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't quote me on this, but it is something you should look into. I've heard that if the gun you're looking at importing was made in the United States (or maybe imported into the states from somewhere else, or maybe I don't know anything about what I'm talking about), they will not export it to anywhere. Some gun exporting law that Obama put into place, to stop terrorists (like yourself, obviously ;) ) from getting their hands on guns.

I can't look it up right now, but the reason I say this, is my buddy imported an HK45 a while ago. It's a beautiful gun, and after I shot it, I said I should try to get one too. He said that because of this new (new, at the time) law, exporting from the States had become nearly impossible. Either way, look it up. Sorry I couldn't be more accurate.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree. But it does depend on the gun you are trying to get. A berett bmg 50 is going to be a no go. Not because of the caliber but because of the brand.

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seeing the drastic price differences drives me absolutly nuts! im looking into purchasing a new hand gun, and the price diff is 600$ which is bull. Anyone now if theres a way to import them, legally of course. I seriously doubt it but then again once in awhile crazy things do happen. lol

i had the crazy idea of importing the gun piece by piece, which ounds stupid but could be a loop hole?
My uncle was an army ranger so he can get me pretty much any gun I want up here with no problems, and I know a General in vegas that told me if I want to bring guns across the border he nows who to call to make the process easy. Send me a pm if you want anymore info.

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree. But it does depend on the gun you are trying to get. A berett bmg 50 is going to be a no go. Not because of the caliber but because of the brand.
Thats not true. Its all about who you know.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome, so all I have to say is sprint5 said so? Cool

joeweasel

Reaction score
Clay at Prophet River in Lloyd can help you out. I purchased a couple of shotguns and a handgun. Shotguns came in quick but the handgun took a long time for the paperwork. Cost is around $200 per firearm last time I looked. Good deal on expensive firearms not so good on your average ones.

jdawgtherigpig

Reaction score
x2 on clay from prophet river in lloyd.
ive heard he is one of the only ones around that can get guns across. (dont quote me on that. guy at cabellas told me this)
depending on the gun you can get a good deal. it is around 200 a gun so if your saving 400 bucks it would be worth it to give him a call
780 875-0575

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be careful if purchasing any gun related products south of the border. i.e. reloading supplies, scopes, gun parts etc. If you happened to get checked by Homeland Security you could be in a whole heap of trouble. They do not check often and you should have no problem at Canada Customs but beware until you get there!

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear alot of people saying that. I would like proof. And it has to be legal.

I will give you his phone number if thats good enough proof for ya. And it's perfectly legal he brought a couple of Glocks across the boarder for my grandpa and didnt even have to fill out any paper work. He tells the boarder guards he has got guns they search his name his history comes up and he is let through. No problems shipping them either.

Sent from my LT15a using Tapatalk

Last edited:

toomuchsledformyowngood

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will give you his phone number if thats good enough proof for ya. And it's perfectly legal he brought a couple of Glocks across the boarder for my grandpa and didnt even have to fill out any paper work. He tells the boarder guards he has got guns they search his name his history comes up and he is let through. No problems shipping them either.

that awesome i need cool friends like you have. ill pm you right away

toomuchsledformyowngood

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2 on clay from prophet river in lloyd.
ive heard he is one of the only ones around that can get guns across. (dont quote me on that. guy at cabellas told me this)
depending on the gun you can get a good deal. it is around 200 a gun so if your saving 400 bucks it would be worth it to give him a call
780 875-0575

i know that phoenix in edmonton in edmonton can import guns from the states but it takes really long time and they hike the prices to match other canadian dealers. example sti

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have some ocean front property in Alberta I would love to sell you too.

Top Bottom