I need primary clutch ASAP!

kentz

Reaction score
So, I was changing weights back to my mountain setup for a trip on Thursday and snapped one of the cover bolts off when re-assembling the clutch. Then it got worse as I couldn't easy out what was left in there and ended up #@$^ing the threads. Then worse yet when I tried to drill it out and rethread.

So basically it is toast. Does anyone have a primary clutch or know of where I can get one ASAP? It is for a 2010 M8.

Looking at the part numbers of 09 M8's and M1000's it looks like they all have different part numbers? Are the primary clutches for a 09 and 10 M8 really different? They look identical to me.

Anyway, if anyone has something lying around or knows someone that can get me one ASAP I would appreciate it.

TIA, Kent.

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why did you have your clutch apart to change the weights???? .... just asking do you want the whole clutch or just the parts

kentz

Reaction score
why did you have your clutch apart to change the weights???? .... just asking do you want the whole clutch or just the parts

Well I had it off to clean it up and change weights, just tinkering. I had the cap off and the spring out to change the weights and when torqing the cap back on one of the six torx head bolts snapped off inside. It doesn't look like they sell the clutch in pieces, but I only need the one piece and can swap everything over.

The machinists at work here are going to try and extract it for me, hope they can, but most likely its screwed.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure Echo Cycle has a few new/used in stock.

Shortcut

Reaction score
Thanks, I will give them a shout. Found one in Wainwright as well.

Ran into the same issue trying to find one, no one in or around Edmonton had one, found one in Vegreville at Outlaw, you may want to try the guys in Lac La Biche also, or St Paul.

kentz

Reaction score
Ran into the same issue trying to find one, no one in or around Edmonton had one, found one in Vegreville at Outlaw, you may want to try the guys in Lac La Biche also, or St Paul.

Thanks, but don't need one anymore. The machinists here at work extracted it for me and fixed it up. Shes back together and working fine.

Top Bottom