Hydraulic clutch

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Got an aftermarket hydraulic clutch on my YZ125. After a couple rides this spring, lost all fuction in the leaver. Opened the reservoir and out of oil. Just wondering what is used in there for oil.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure what you use in place of the magura blood, assuming it's a magura clutch.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
I think it is a magura. Haven't looked at it yet, but that sounds right. It's the same as the ones ktm uses on their bikes. Spring breakup has been hard on all the toys, and the bike is next on the to do list. Once I get the proper oil, it's a case of figuring out why it ran out. Whether its just worn friction/pressure plates or its developed a leak somewhere.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Any particular kind of mineral oil? And one just bleeds these like a typical brake system or is reverse bleeding better?

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
i get my mineral oil from my local KTM dealer and yes you most def need to use the reverse bleed method. I use a syringe and a small piece of vent hose.

Thanks. Guess i'll look tomorrow on my way through Whitecourt. Maybe RPM powersports carries some. Worst case Canada tire I guess. Simple fix if that's all it is. Getting tired of fixin already lol.

Top Bottom