Hunting advice

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Want to get into hunting and would appreciate a check list of what courses and permits I need to get. Completely 'green' on this subject so please spell it out.

Thanks

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will need to take a firearm acquisition course and a Hunter safety course. One is to purchase and own firearms and ammunition. The other is provincial standards for hunting which involves the ethics of hunting and safety. Check with a local gun club or Retailer of firearms for Hunter safety courses. Once you have the Hunter safety course, you then need to apply for a Possession acquisition licence. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

rare breed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here in wyo all you need is hunters saftey. but check with your local gov. to see what the rules are. talk to to people that hunt around there i'm sur they would be willing to help you out.get a good firearm your comfortable with and practice with. then go enjoy hunting.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haggis get hooked up with some folks that will take you hunting. Don't get the required permits and licences and then go venture out on your own. There is a great deal to learn about hunting ethics. It isn't just about seeing a critter and shooting it. If you don't know anyone who would mentor you, go to the Alberta Outdoorsman forum and just simple start a thread saying I'm a noob and want to go hunting. I'm sure you will get plenty of offers. Good luck and good hunting. Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum - Powered by vBulletin

shawnb

Reaction score
as far as the hunter education you can go on the hunting for tomorrow web site and for $70.00 you can take the course and exam on line at your speed. my wife just took hers and she completed it in about nine hours

Top Bottom