• USA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other area's not listed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
As hunting season starts in a few months and for some already started. Lets hear some stories of previous hunts and some pictures.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I voted "up north", since I kinda live up here....:D

my Dad and I head up to the Chinchaga area northwest of Manning in the fall, we stay for a week in a cabin owned by a trapper friend of his on the bank of the Tanghe River.

last fall we got our moose on the way in to the cabin, made for a long day. it is a 2.5 hr ride into the cabin on quads, through some pretty nasty muskeg. we dressed and hung the young bull and got into the cabin at around 10:30pm, then went quading for 4 days....great trip.

pa crossing the Tanghe...
hunting07026Small.jpg

the cabin....
hunting07014Small.jpg

Bullwinkle didn't have a chance....
hunting07004Small.jpg

pa making some tea after lunch....
hunting07049Small.jpg

AC4life

Reaction score
How come in your poll you dont have saskatchewan? Cause thats where i hunt...SASKATCHEWAN! You know where that is?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hunt at the local IGA, never been skunked, weather is ALWAYS good (except for the short spell after the roof fell in) and I don't need rifle, license, truck etc. Plus I can't remember the last time someone was accidentally shot pulling a steak out of the meat cooler.:D:D:D

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Last season i had a draw for a bull moose down here in 3-43 and it was the last weekend for the hunt so we knew if we didnt get it that day we wernt gunna. so we set out on the rhino driving 'round to the old mill site and the first place we stop to look at the swamp we see and bull about 200yrds away. so i set out looking for a rest but i couldnt find one so i used my knee and the grass was so high i could barely see the moose. But i got him after 3 shots with my friends mauser 7mm. wish i was useing the 30-06. The pic of the moose is ion my avatare

Top Bottom