hows it work?

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering (probly a dumb question) how old you need to be to get a driver's license in victoria bc? here its 16 but i hear there changing it to 18:( and how does it work? here you get your g1 and you can drive with your parents. then g2 and you can drive alone but cant drive on the 401 or past 12 pm then its g where you can do whatever , its the last one!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
b.c you cant drive till your 21
worried yet

I heard a rumor that because of all the accidents in the lower main land, ICBC recommended changing it to 25 before one could drive alone....

At 16 you could get a learner's and only drive with your parents....
If you had 2 years accident and ticket free, you could drive with another driver but your parents had to be in the back seat....
By the time you reach 20 your parents do not have to be involved....still require another licensed drive with you....
When you reach the day before your 25th birthday and have no tickets or accidents you are finally good to go on your own....

just the way things happen in BC.....

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats friggen rediculous!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!:mad: this makes things complicated! i`m 15 which means i have to wait another 10 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: this sucks!:mad:

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
what if i already have my full license from here in ontario. and i`m say 19. then what. (my stupid question mark is not working)

For out of province driver's it is even worse because of the mountains, snow, and the sharp curves.

You require a test and if you pass, the next 4 years or until you are 25, you still require and adult licensed driver. Then you are good to go....

I know it sounds silly but the roads out here are really treacherous and young beginning drivers get quite scared, therefore causing lots of accidents. Good luck....

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
its still, take the written test at 16 for learners, wait a year then take a driven test, then 2 years after that take another test to get your full licence

burndown1

Reaction score
Here in the USA, You can drive at 16 alone. Join the milatary at 18 and can't have a beer until 21. ??????

Jazzygurl

Reaction score
We had a good thing going and then......oh well, good things can't last forever!!

LMAO!! Yeah I'd say you had him going.. not gonna lie I read it yesturday and it made my day!! Way too funny, sorry yamaha sx700 it was on your behalf!!! Little gullable are we? :)

Have a great day boys!! :d

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMAO!! Yeah I'd say you had him going.. not gonna lie I read it yesturday and it made my day!! Way too funny, sorry yamaha sx700 it was on your behalf!!! Little gullable are we? :)

Have a great day boys!! :d

i was thinking we could of had him going for a while
or at least till he moved up here

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
he will get thick skinned quick if he hangs out here to long

He's been thru it before...... His first stab at the S&M world didn't go all that well.... but since then he has grown a thicker skin and seems to be adjusting well....

It's the internet little buddy, don't take any of it too serious.....

Top Bottom