How to convince my mom

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I was over at my uncles house yesterday putting a new clutch in my dads truck and my uncle asked me if I want to go to the mountains wensday night till Sunday or saterday not to sure where yet so I'm gung-ho to go now I just have to convince my mom to let me take 2 days off of school to go, she playing the dirty card saying I need to go to school to pass all my classes cause I am in grade 12 and then she is also saying my surgeon said not to do anything till the end of April haha what a joke I put a tranny in a truck yesterday hahah so what is your input

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speaking from experience, school first, sledding second. My folks let me do a lot of sledding in BC in my grade 12 year but I always had to put school first, no sick days for me to go riding. Listen to your doctor too, you'll be paying for it later if you screw up your injury even further. Sorry to be a debbie downer but I'm just being a little realistic.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Live to ride another day, cause those mountains arent going anywhere fast

mdwils

Reaction score
Uuuuhhhmm....Good Luck, I guess?!??
Maybe play another dirty card by saying If you don't go you'll suffer so terribly from mental anguish that there's no possible way you'll be able to focus on your studies, end up not graduating, falling into a deep depression, using more Meth than your selling thereby not being able to pay the teenage mother of your baby any support, and eventually winding up in an alley, homeless in Vancouver chasing the dragon. How would she like that, huh?

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Uuuuhhhmm....Good Luck, I guess?!??
Maybe play another dirty card by saying If you don't go you'll suffer so terribly from mental anguish that there's no possible way you'll be able to focus on your studies, end up not graduating, falling into a deep depression, using more Meth than your selling thereby not being able to pay the teenage mother of your baby any support, and eventually winding up in an alley, homeless in Vancouver chasing the dragon. How would she like that, huh?

I see you have put some thought into this

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe some thought but not very good thought .... youll be able to ride again no need to miss school for it and risk hurting yourself..... sledding is harder on your body than putting a trans in a truck

Very true but it's a risk I'm willing to take

mdwils

Reaction score
Well, I was going to be the first one to post to him about going next year, but two other party poopers beat me to it, so I thought I'd mix it up a little.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I was over at my uncles house yesterday putting a new clutch in my dads truck and my uncle asked me if I want to go to the mountains wensday night till Sunday or saterday not to sure where yet so I'm gung-ho to go now I just have to convince my mom to let me take 2 days off of school to go, she playing the dirty card saying I need to go to school to pass all my classes cause I am in grade 12 and then she is also saying my surgeon said not to do anything till the end of April haha what a joke I put a tranny in a truck yesterday hahah so what is your input

By the looks of your spelling, sentence structure, punctuation and grammar you better go to school.:d

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you really think youre body can handle it, talk to your teachers if they say it's okay, get her to call them, if not i guess your sol.

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If only I could do school over! Study damn hard because you don't want to end up haveing to go back for another year because you chose to go sledding. It'll pay off in the long run too. I'd rather be an engineer working 3-7 hours a day 5 days a week making more money than I do now working 12-14 hours a day 7 days a week 40-50 days straight to make ends meet. I'd definately have a ton more miles on my sled.

You really only get one good chance at school. Don't screw it up!

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If only I could do school over! Study damn hard because you don't want to end up haveing to go back for another year because you chose to go sledding. It'll pay off in the long run too. I'd rather be an engineer working 3-7 hours a day 5 days a week making more money than I do now working 12-14 hours a day 7 days a week 40-50 days straight to make ends meet. I'd definately have a ton more miles on my sled.

You really only get one good chance at school. Don't screw it up!

Good point

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well, here is some advice from a woman's point of view.....;);)

My son is 14 and has a mountain sled, and he has ridden with us to the mountains for the last 5 yrs. Unfortunately, there are times when he doesn't get to come with us due to his bad grades or bad attitude!!

In November he broke his ankle quite badly and needed surgery. He had to take pretty much the whole season off to recuperate. He's only come on two mountain trips with us this year.

You didn't elaborate on the reason that your surgeon says not to do anything until the end of April, but, I would heed his advice. You don't want to re-injure yourself and be back to square one.

Like the others have said, the mountains will always be there.... you are young and there will be plenty of opportunity to go on sledding trips in the future. Your Mom is right, you need to do well in Gr. 12 so you can get a good paying job to support sledding. I don't know if you realize how expensive it really is!!

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go to the doctors get him to sign a note saying your sick from too low of elevation and the only way to cure it is by getting to at lest 6700ft for 3 days and you will come home perfectly fine.

or just get all your chit from school that you will be doing thoes days and actually do them.. i know i did that a few times in my grade 12 year.

and get your uncle to call them.. sometimes that works too

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, here is some advice from a woman's point of view.....;);)

My son is 14 and has a mountain sled, and he has ridden with us to the mountains for the last 5 yrs. Unfortunately, there are times when he doesn't get to come with us due to his bad grades or bad attitude!!

In November he broke his ankle quite badly and needed surgery. He had to take pretty much the whole season off to recuperate. He's only come on two mountain trips with us this year.

You didn't elaborate on the reason that your surgeon says not to do anything until the end of April, but, I would heed his advice. You don't want to re-injure yourself and be back to square one.

Like the others have said, the mountains will always be there.... you are young and there will be plenty of opportunity to go on sledding trips in the future. Your Mom is right, you need to do well in Gr. 12 so you can get a good paying job to support sledding. I don't know if you realize how expensive it really is!!

well i broke my collar bone at the end of january and had 2 plates and 12 screws put it hahah but you make some good points

go to the doctors get him to sign a note saying your sick from too low of elevation and the only way to cure it is by getting to at lest 6700ft for 3 days and you will come home perfectly fine.

or just get all your chit from school that you will be doing thoes days and actually do them.. i know i did that a few times in my grade 12 year.

and get your uncle to call them.. sometimes that works too

some one get this guy a beer I like the first one the best hahah :beer::beer::beer:

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i used that one on my mom back in the day and she laughed and let me go for coming up witht he most retarded excuase in the book..

if you cant go iam getting out iam sure a couple more times to vale and your more then welcome to come for a weekend ride..

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i used that one on my mom back in the day and she laughed and let me go for coming up witht he most retarded excuase in the book..

if you cant go iam getting out iam sure a couple more times to vale and your more then welcome to come for a weekend ride..

Hahaha I'd let you go to if I was a mom for that

Thanks for the offer

Top Bottom