Home made hydrogen rocket

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Water bottle rocket - YouTube

my dad made this for the grand kids to play with. Hooked up to the air compressor with about 150 psi. To release the bottle just crack a ball valve. Good cheap entertainment.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 242
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 236

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only part of this that includes hydrogen is the h in h2o. I was really hoping for more. Stack 5 bottles and hit them with 120 psi of air with a gate valve on a string. Trick is some gravel in the bottom helps keep it straight. Cheers

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I suppose your right. I should have used straight hydrogen and gravel. This is just a safe little project that a 4 year old can play with and enjoy. Cheers.

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody remember those little red and white water rockets we had as kids? I'm sure I lost 6 or 8 of 'em on rooftops all over the neighborhood....

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 107

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Anybody remember those little red and white water rockets we had as kids? I'm sure I lost 6 or 8 of 'em on rooftops all over the neighborhood....

can't seem to find them anywhere anymore..... I had tonnes of fun with mine that's for sure....... got into the ESTES Rockets for a while too......

Top Bottom