Holy fawk-----h+s programmer

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought my programmer and delete pipe. Partially installed the programmer this morning before work. WOW. Set on hot setting for fuel economy and power and WOW. Have not installed the dpf delete yet but can only imagine what this thing will be like later on. Still have to get my head studs and trans program but WOW.:d I am a happy camper.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought my programmer and delete pipe. Partially installed the programmer this morning before work. WOW. Set on hot setting for fuel economy and power and WOW. Have not installed the dpf delete yet but can only imagine what this thing will be like later on. Still have to get my head studs and trans program but WOW.:d I am a happy camper.

What truck you put that on?

Sent from a iPhone

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Now I'll consider selling you the sled trailer, seing how the dodge has some ballz. LMAO

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New to diesel have 2011 3500 what do the studs do? Is this an issue or just needed when running extra power? Thanks

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
New to diesel have 2011 3500 what do the studs do? Is this an issue or just needed when running extra power? Thanks

I'm not sure about the Dodge's, but the older Ford's would stretch the head studs. I'm sure someone will chime in that is familiar with Dodge's

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep Doug is correct. I think the issue on the dodges is more to do with what the stud were torqued to in the first place. But with the extra cylinder pressure the head gaskets have been known to fail easily on the dodges. The studs are stronger and get torqued more then factory studs. The pipe I am putting on is turbo back to the factory muffler. I dont want the noise or drone.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep Doug is correct. I think the issue on the dodges is more to do with what the stud were torqued to in the first place. But with the extra cylinder pressure the head gaskets have been known to fail easily on the dodges. The studs are stronger and get torqued more then factory studs. The pipe I am putting on is turbo back to the factory muffler. I dont want the noise or drone.

My head gasket is gone on my 08 cummin with H&S tuner. I have a set of ARP 625 studs To install along with a waste gate to relieve drive pressure.

Dont run to long on hot with your dpf installed.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I just did the H&S Mini Max and a 5" turbo back system along with a S&B CAI on a 2012....WOW O WOW...Also did the OD tranny software and the DVD/NAV unlock. Finally I have a truck that does what I want it to. Have always run EDGE and been happy, but they seemed to have dropped the ball on the 2011/2012. Nicest thing is no codes, you still get soft codes with the Edge.

But head studs??? I use my trucks for pulling, and normally run near or at the highest HP settings and have never had head gasket issues...knock on wood...

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow the stupid turbo downpipe is a biotch to get out. The directions say to cut it with a sawzall. Tried doing that. I must either be biuying cheap blades or I need something made out of titanium. Went through a bunch of blades and only got about a 2' cut. Ended up having to drop the trans about 5". Anyways that is out. Taking a breather before the new stuff goes in. I was getting a little pissed off taking that downpipe out. If I was at work I would have sliced the fawker out with the plasma and had it out in about 37 seconds.

Price on the pipes and mini max programmer was around 1350 at nadp.

Last edited by a moderator:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I've got the h&s xrt pro and still have the dpf on my 2011 3500 dodge..... Was running on mild, but last nite switched to wild..... Big difference in power, but looking for that mileage factor............ Was getting over 800kms to a tank,, empty, at hiway speeds.......... Far cry from my '06 3500 where i was getting almost 1100kms to a tank hiway speeds, empty

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Will be putting in the dpf delete soon, but just the delete pipe........ Don't want the whole exhaust as it gets noisy and has quite a droan when working hard pulling big trailers..... I'm gettin' old and don't like all the noise :)

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i just did the h&s mini max and a 5" turbo back system along with a s&b cai on a 2012....wow o wow...also did the od tranny software and the dvd/nav unlock. Finally i have a truck that does what i want it to. Have always run edge and been happy, but they seemed to have dropped the ball on the 2011/2012. Nicest thing is no codes, you still get soft codes with the edge.

But head studs??? I use my trucks for pulling, and normally run near or at the highest hp settings and have never had head gasket issues...knock on wood...

what you talkin' 'bout willis???? Don't think i've heard of this???

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just did the H&S Mini Max and a 5" turbo back system along with a S&B CAI on a 2012....WOW O WOW...Also did the OD tranny software and the DVD/NAV unlock. Finally I have a truck that does what I want it to. Have always run EDGE and been happy, but they seemed to have dropped the ball on the 2011/2012. Nicest thing is no codes, you still get soft codes with the Edge.

But head studs??? I use my trucks for pulling, and normally run near or at the highest HP settings and have never had head gasket issues...knock on wood...

The newer 6.7 cummins are notorious for popping head gaskets on hotter tunes, solution is head studs and/or external waste gate. I plan on doing both. And if your head gasket doesn't let go your stock turbo will. Seems to be mid 30s for boost pressure is all they can handle before they become a ticking time bomb.

Another note, the new dodges are EXTREMELY sensitive to voltage drops during tuning downloads, I learned the hard way. I ended up having to ship my PCM and minimaxx to H&S to be recovered. Keep the radio off, u connect off and don't open any doors and have the truck up to operating temp. Might even be worth while to put a trickle charger on the batteries while doing the download.

I've been fairly happy with my minimaxx and delete setup on my 2012 but today for no rhyme or reason the truck decided it wasn't gonna start:confused::headscratch3: (after I had run it for a few hours). No idea what caused it but its almost like the minimaxx couldn't communicate with the PCM. Ended up on the phone with H&S tech support (who ROCK by the way, these guys know their product and how to troubleshoot it) and I disconnected the batteries and PCM connections for about 1/2 an hour, hooked everything back up and the truck fired up like nothing happened. Its back to normal now but I can't help but wonder if its gonna do it again. I have had the minimaxx freeze a couple of times but its easily reset with a flip of the switch on the OB2 plug, maybe it froze right when I tried to start it up? Who knows. H&S said they've never heard of my situation before.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok all done. I am going to bed. The pipe came with two bungs for sensors and I will have to get some plugs at work for them tomorrow. Went for a quick drive and the sound is nice. I too dont want to be loud. I am pretty happy and once again the mileage went up. I was getting 20-21 mpg on the highway whereas before doing any work I was lucky to see 15 on average. And that was with the stock 265 tires. Now I have wide 35's on there, have good mileage and awesome power. Well worth the cash. Truck is def mine now instead of looking like all the rest.

Top Bottom