Hmmm!!!

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I booked a room for two nights at the North Country Lodge, showed up and was told my non smoking room was given away to someone else. I was then given someone elses non smoking room. I pitied the poor people that got the smoking room. TV was a POS!, toilet broken, ordered and pre paid for a pizza for dinner Saturday night and asked to have it delivered to my room, they said sure no problem it would be 1/2 an hour. An hour later the front desk called and said my pizza was ready but the girls were too busy to deliver it. Did I want the girl at the front desk to go get it? I said no, I would take care of it. I went back over to see about my pizza. It was barely warm, more or less cold and they had the nerve to think I would take it. I asked for my money back and got it.
I was leaving for home early Sunday morning and saw a pamphlet in my room that said the office opened at 7 am. I set up my morning to be at the office for 7 only to find a different opening time posted on the door of 7:30 am. I sat and waited 1/2 an hour for it to open so I could pay my bill and complain about my stay. They took my money said sorry I didn't have a good experience and that was that.

The ride up the Renshaw was great as usual, but I will no longer spend my money in this restaurant or motel.

Last edited:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I booked a room for two nights, showed up and was told my non smoking room was given away to someone else. I was then given someone elses non smoking room. I pitied the poor people that got the smoking room. TV was a POS!, toilet broken, ordered and pre paid for a pizza for dinner Saturday night and asked to have it delivered to my room, they said sure no problem it would be 1/2 an hour. An hour later the front desk called and said my pizza was ready but the girls were too busy to deliver it. Did I want the girl at the front desk to go get it? I said no, I would take care of it. I went back over to see about my pizza. It was barely warm, more or less cold and they had the nerve to think I would take it. I asked for my money back and got it.
I was leaving for home early Sunday morning and saw a pamphlet in my room that said the office opened at 7 am. I set up my morning to be at the office for 7 only to find a different opening time posted on the door of 7:30 am. I sat and waited 1/2 an hour for it to open so I could pay my bill and complain about my stay. They took my money said sorry I didn't have a good experience and that was that.

The ride up the Renshaw was great as usual, but I will no longer spend my money in this restaurant or motel.

So the point of your post or reason for it is what ? If you don't want to name the business, good for you, but then the post is sorta useless isn't it.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that sounds familiar! i dont stay there anymore either. I always stay at the beaver creek cabins now. I like the privacy there

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry your highness!

Itwas a question, not a comment. I was assuming you were giving us a warning to steer clear of a particular establishment. Thank you for that, but i don't know which one, so it doesn't help much.

sunshine

Reaction score
He did tell you which one it was, the North Country Lodge. But we stayed there a few weeks ago and we did not have any trouble at the hotel or the resturant, so maybe he had bad luck, not sure.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was edited after my post , but thats fine, I appreciate the opinion, its something to consider when booking.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
That's too bad.We stayed there 3 times this winter and loved it!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
That's too bad.We stayed there 3 times this winter and loved it!

I've always had good luck there too. He'll I'd stay in my enclosed trailer and eat KD out of a beer can so long as I was slayin' the Pow.

If you want to be treated like a KING...Book into the Mountain Haven Bed n' Breakfast. I love staying there....just don't tell em I sent you :eek::d:d

Top Bottom