Hitch extension

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't know what I was worried about. I backed up to my trailer and it looks like it'll be just fine, so I guess I'll just be cautious until I get used to it.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't know what I was worried about. I backed up to my trailer and it looks like it'll be just fine, so I guess I'll just be cautious until I get used to it.

That's what I thought. Now there's an 18"rip in the corner of my enclosed that looks suspiciously like the corner of my sled deck will nicely fit into. :rant:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It all depends on your tongue weight. Anything under 4-500lbs I wouldn't worry about it. A friend of mine uses a hollow one to pull his camper at 500lbs and hasn't had an issue. Class III receiver. Over that though I'd use caution as mentioned above.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Chronic Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My truck when I bought it it had 2 hitches. The factory one and an aftermarket one lower. The only reason I can think of why someone would do this is for a long extension for a heavy trailer.

As for the extension made of solid steel that is not a good idea! Solid bends way easier then a heavy wall tubing! If you want I will weld you up what you want for cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you by chance own a 4th Gen dodge with the double receiver?

Top Bottom