High Speed Internet in Strathcona County?

Mtn-guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought a acreage and was wondering what everyone is doing for high speed in the country?

Catgirl

Reaction score
You may want to try Syban. Wireless internet. Approximately $300 for install and equipment. $53 per month. I've been VERY happy with it....but it wouldn't take much after dial up for 15 years. You do need line of sight to the tower so if you have tall trees between you and the tower you are probably SOL.

Syban Systems Ltd. - Home 1-800-679-0345

If you visit this website it gives you a list of High Speed internet providers in the County:

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also use Syban and love it. It works by installing a dish on your roof and bouncing signal off cell tower. Easy install and good service........Price is higher but you are in the country right. I am near hwy 21 and hwy 14.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also use Syban and love it. It works by installing a dish on your roof and bouncing signal off cell tower. Easy install and good service........Price is higher but you are in the country right. I am near hwy 21 and hwy 14.

I'm out by South Cooking Lake and have inquired about this as well. Haggis... you need line of sight to the tower right??? That's a problem for me unfortunately.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scotty - yeah that is correct - you do need a sight line to the tower for Syban. Is South Cooking Lake not planned for high speed sometime soon?

Mtn-guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Netkaster? According to the website it is a satalite based provider.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
does Platinum Communications service that area? Home Page thats who we use out here in Parkland County and they are really good.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scotty - yeah that is correct - you do need a sight line to the tower for Syban. Is South Cooking Lake not planned for high speed sometime soon?

I'm not sure? I have heard conflicting info for the last 2 years... I will need to do my home work on this again. Hope some sort of service will be provided soon.. I run my business from my acreage and really need Hi Speed.

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
XPLORNET.awesome.....they have a tower by ellerslie..it werks real good .im south of 14 on 21

SnowBunny25

Reaction score
Tera Byte does high speed internet in Parkland and Devon. That's who we use and they are awesome!

Top Bottom