HID's - Wtf

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1390672302528.jpg

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna put HID's in my truck. Heard from a buddy they rock!

if i could i would put hid on my high beams only... but on my 02 dodge the battery on the driver's side gets in the way... maybe an led light bar but i have no where to mount it... so im the guy driving around with my POS stock fog lights on and every now and again a truck still flashes me... wtf... my 3 year old's thomas the train flash light works better

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if i could i would put hid on my high beams only... but on my 02 dodge the battery on the driver's side gets in the way... maybe an led light bar but i have no where to mount it... so im the guy driving around with my POS stock fog lights on and every now and again a truck still flashes me... wtf... my 3 year old's thomas the train flash light works better

Have you ever got out of your truck to see what your fog lights look like to everyone else on the road? They are annoying to oncoming traffic especially when there's no fog. I run my fogs with my high beams when required, but I also turn both sets off when there's any hint of oncoming traffic.

Last edited:

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bla bla bla... Frickin whiny bitches. Even truckers have led or hid now. Get with the times. 6 volt sealed beams died with Elvis.

We aren't talking about factory installed HID's. We are talking about the hackjob hillbillies who buy an aftermarket HID kit and install it in their factory headlight housings without understanding light cutoff points or glare.

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have recon head lights with HID low and high beams! The lows r so fawkin ****ty I can't see a damn thing so I have no choice to run my fog lights with them for my own safety so if my ****ty low beams and fog lights bother ppl well my bad but my safety first

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have recon head lights with HID low and high beams! The lows r so fawkin ****ty I can't see a damn thing so I have no choice to run my fog lights with them for my own safety so if my ****ty low beams and fog lights bother ppl well my bad but my safety first

ever consider putting the stock lights back in people meeting you can see and be safe also ?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any of the recon headlights I have seen suck ass.
Bought a Denali that had them in and changed them back to stock.
Junk

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the OEM's spend millons of dollars in R&D before anything is brought to market, and people think these aftermarket lights are going to be better...really ?

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I never said they are better than stock! Thas the problem with this forum and everyone wonders why no one new says anything beside the same old ppl! Cause everyone else knows it all.... Just Sayin

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As said earlier can't see Fawk all with low beams... And my fog
Lights are stock bulbs and honestly aren't that bright but enough that I can see if somethin is coming out of the ditch.

Top Bottom