HIDs on a sled???

CRFSummit

Reaction score
has anyone put HID conversions on a sled...if so is it do-able if your sled dont have a battery, also if any one got any pictures feel free to post them!

royal distributing has a set of true hi/low for 200 bucks, thinking of ordering it if it can be done with out a battery or after wiring in a battery.

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw the kits at the sled show in Edmonton a couple of years ago and my first thought was lack of durability. The moisture and vibration would likely take them out within a tank of fuel so I passed on them because of the ballasts. They may be improved by now and worth looking at again.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a set on my XP last fall, VERY happy with them. I have the HID High beam with a halogen low beam piggy back. I was told that the ballasts freeze off at about -30 or so. So I went with the low beam piggy back instead of the Hi/Low beam HID. I don't plan on riding at -30, but weather can sneak up on you in the mountains pretty quick, so I went with the 'better safe than sorry' approach :) . I have a battery, so I can't comment on how these work without a battery. If they work well without a battery I would go for it, you won't be disappointed.

CRFSummit

Reaction score
sweet... do you have any pics of what it looks like? in day/night

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It can be done without a battery. Just about 5 lbs worth of ballasts and relays and nonsense.
buddy of mine put them on his summit with no battery and they cut out and flicker at an idle they work great other wise

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
another route if not hid's are to take the factory headlights out and put in a couple 4'' vision x l.e.d headlights in super bright and uses even less power than the factory headlights and super super bright i put one of these in the front nose area of my xp w/some frogskinz to keep the snow out i went with the 6'' one and is actually brighter than the factory headlight system

CRFSummit

Reaction score
any idea how he wired and did his setup without the battery?...also bring on the pics yo!

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[media]https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/members/woody_tobius_jr-albums-hid-s-picture10867-hi-beam-hid.jpg[/media]
[media]https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/members/woody_tobius_jr-albums-hid-s-picture10865-hi-beam-hid.jpg[/media]
[media]https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/members/woody_tobius_jr-albums-hid-s-picture10866-low-beam-halogen.jpg[/media]

Pictures arent the greatest, hard to take a picture of a headlight :)
First 3 are the HID and the last one is the halogen low beam.

IanH

Reaction score
google HID kit for summit or what ever your putting it on. i found one kit for my sled 199. with all the ballasts exc and stuff says you dont need a battery so we will see when they arrive.

CRFSummit

Reaction score
sweet pics....yes i have done plently of reaserch trust me hahaha but i have found that people that didnt have batteries have done some greasy wiring stuff to make them work best like not flicker at idle.....i think i am just going to order the set from royal distributing...also what coulor temp are you hids woody?

CRFSummit

Reaction score
sweet...i like 8000k is swwwe but 6000 is the most practicle...were did you get your kit from

Dzl

Reaction score
Beamers HID has motorsports HID for sleds and atv's that work with or without a battery. Single beam HID (with halogen high) plug and play for non battery and motorized high/low for battery units.

Been using mine for 3 years along with my bro with great results.

Certified sells them in town and I believe Cycle Works stocks them too. Specialty had them for a while I think

Dzl

Reaction score
I saw the kits at the sled show in Edmonton a couple of years ago and my first thought was lack of durability. The moisture and vibration would likely take them out within a tank of fuel so I passed on them because of the ballasts. They may be improved by now and worth looking at again.

The ones you saw then are the ones I still use by Beamers. They have small digital ballasts that hide insde my cluster on my XP. Zero issues

CRFSummit

Reaction score
dzl, were did u get urs? and how much were they, also do u have any pictures, and what color temp?

Top Bottom