help with fues info and code 20

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
help with fuse info and code 20

I have a code 20 and it is blowing a fuse by the starter solenoid......any one help me? I have to figure out what this fuse is for but when it blows the fuel pump stops! I can cycle the fuel pump for 5 mins buy turning the key on and off for 5 mins.....fuse stays good.....if I start sled it will run for 20 seconds then blow the fuse. WTF!

code 20 is: 20 Intake air pressure
Atmospheric pressure Defective values are detected due to the internal malfunction Fixes the intake air pressure and atmospheric pressure to 85.0 kPa. Able Able

every sevice manual that I have found is different than what I need....I need to find out what the two fuses on the solenoid are for.....the manual shows one main (30 amp) and that is it.....I have that one plus 2 10 amp fuses on each side......one of these is the one that keeps blowing!

Last edited:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: help with fuse info and code 20

I'm not 100% sure what code 20 has to do with the fuse! if I put an amp meter on the fuse it reads 3.2 amps and every 20-30 ish seconds it jumps between 12-18 amps......If i disconnect the fuel pump it reads zero when key is on so that fuse must be for the fuel pump......now is the fuel pump packing it in? it seams to run EVERY time there is power going to it.....every fuel pump I have seen in a car stops then some times start if you beat on the tank to un stick it........the fuse for my pump in my Apex seems to have an inconsistant amp draw.....can it be a relay? any help?

Last edited:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ok it doent seem to blow fuse anymore????? but that code 20 wont go away? help

what is the difference between code 14 and 20?

Last edited:

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The difference between code 14 and code 20 is 6.

vip

Reaction score
code 20 when key is turned to the on position before the engine starts, the atmospheric sensor and the intake pressure sensor readings
do not match ther is an error with one of the sensors that is right from the tech update book

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
code 20 when key is turned to the on position before the engine starts, the atmospheric sensor and the intake pressure sensor readings
do not match ther is an error with one of the sensors that is right from the tech update book

thanks.....that is what I was thinking......I need to find a used sensor.....the good part is they are both the same part number so only need to find one sensor.....

if any one has part sled I need 3 things

key switch, starter relay, and one of the pressure sensors......I found a guy at the coast that has all 3 but wont be home for a few weeks......anyone else have these 3 parts?

Dtripps

Reaction score
That starter relay gave me some trouble on my Nytro, they are dirt cheap from Yamaha. i would just get a new one!

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did some digging on totallyamaha site......looks like it could be a ground block.....there is 3 of them and it has starter isues with fuel pump issues and a sensor (code 20) issue.......looks like there is one block that is common that controls all 3.....I will get into it tomorrow!

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so I went and check every ground block for burning or coroision......found 5 of them and they are perfect with zero isues.....
then I was wondering if you have to erase codes.....so I looked up how to.......
in the diagnosing part of the gauge
I found the 02 is atmospheric pressure......it read 97
and 03 is intake air pressure which reads 8
so I unpluded the intake pressure switch and pluged in the new sensor.......still only 8.......I'm reading that code 20 is because these number differ greatly....97 to 8 is big! WHICH NUMBER IS RIGHT? the 97 or the 8?
so I started looking at wiring since it must be after the sensor it self.....wiring harness has been spliced to put on a pure logic fuel box! is this box my problem.....I have heard not to many good things about this box any way of doing more tests? HELP!

I really need to put on the boost-it box.....but just short on money right now (dam quad mods lol)......i will never put out $500 on another pure logic box but I will buy a boost it box when I find some money!

hey neil.....do you think your box will get rid of my code 20? when is next time your coming this way?

as for my ing. switch.....I think that is a separate problem.....I will test switch it self!

Last edited:
Top Bottom