Help! tMotion Kit Install Problem

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not actually a tMotion install problem yet…but an existing rear suspension removal problem.

Have the 2011 Summit X hoisted up on the back end and started to take bolts off to remove skid etc from tunnel to do the tMotion kit install.
Got the rear axle out and the 2 bolts on the right side that attach the suspension to the chassis however the 2 bolts on the left side refuse to come out… I have done everything that I know to get the bolts out but they just continue to turn but do not back out - seem to spin endlessly like they are stripped - but they are still hard to turn.

Any ideas as to the issue? I'm thinking something has been bent at some point but nothing appears tweaked anywhere.

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tighten them all back up and creep each one out alternating sides a little at a time. There's an aluminum rod they thread into and thats what starts spinning. Its a pain in the azz but take it slow. Took me 3 hours of cursing and a couple beers before I figured that out.

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan - I haven't tried that yet...

Thanks

Tighten them all back up and creep each one out alternating sides a little at a time. There's an aluminum rod they thread into and thats what starts spinning. Its a pain in the azz but take it slow. Took me 3 hours of cursing and a couple beers before I figured that out.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YouTube a link called Skidoo XP/RS/XR suspension removal. It's 6:36 long and you can have your skid out in less then 5 min.
It won't let me copy the link, otherwise I'd post it.

2012 T-XP is the most fun I've ever had on snow!

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't have impact you can thread nuts on bolts you removed and then re install them. Thread them in a ways and then tighten the nut up against the tunnel so it is tight.
Now loosen the other side . Easy as now just hold bolt and loosen nut on opposite side. Done

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't have impact you can thread nuts on bolts you removed and then re install them. Thread them in a ways and then tighten the nut up against the tunnel so it is tight.
Now loosen the other side . Easy as now just hold bolt and loosen nut on opposite side. Done

Can't believe that!!! I was using an air ratchet NOT an impact. I fiddled around tightening and creeping them back out manually with wrenches without much luck then watched a little youtube and realized I needed to use an impact gun:eek: Nincompoopitence...

Thanks for all the input! I'm stopping for a cocktail to celebrate that I'm 3-1/2 hours into a 3 hour job and just getting to the hard part...

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent quite a few hours today getting everything put back together - not the best set of instructions…now I have got the suspension back in the track and the 2 front chassis bolts started.
Go to get the back chassis lined up to bolt in and find that the bushings DO NOT FIT in the rear upper axle tube!!! It appears the tMotion kit has really thin bushings in the end of the tube so that the the big ones that you reuse won't slide in….

WTF do you do? Try and force fit them or what…?

Fixed (see other post)

Last edited:
Top Bottom