headlight delete resistor kit

mattern

Reaction score
Hey Guys

I was wondering if anyone knows where i can get one of these kits for my 07 m1000 in alberta, kinda need it quick, got a sled trip planned for a couple of weeks and don't wanna risk any electrical problems?

thanks guys

Adam

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i'm not 100% sure but i think on the 07 and up the resistor isnt neccesary. they have built in voltage regulators to account for unstable stator voltages.
Call first, you shouldnt need it. o7 and prior did need it but the newer ones dont

mattern

Reaction score
yeah well i took out my headlights last year cause ppl told me that too and just on last day my highbeam light would come on in the cluster and i coudln't turn it off with the switch and just thought that for a 60 dollar part would be worth it

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Website
www.adrenalinejunkiesinc.ca
Go to an elecronics store and buy a 100 watt resistor. they are gold in color, about 2 inches long, and inch wide and round with a flat base. cut your high beam wire and add a female plug and a male plug and put a female plug on the resistor. just plug it back into the high beam wire on the sled side, not the light side and put the highbeam switch on. then you have the resistor working. they get fairly warm quickly, an easy way to make sure its working. and then if you want to run headlights, just unplug the resistor and plug the wires back in for normal operation

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dons in wainwright has them. Available from Boondocker listed for a polaris but is same one. Installation as listed above. Might have a spare one around if you cann't find.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why would you want to run without a head light? sometimes that's all the other riders around you can see

Brockster1000

Reaction score
I've been running my 07 m1000 with no headlights and no resistor for 2 seasons now with no issues. I was told i don't need it by a few sled shops. I run a lead dog light works great.

Top Bottom