Has anyone run a GGB trail can?

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for one on my 19 Alpha. Race can will be too loud, so was thinking the trail can should be fine.

spetzy01

Reaction score
I put one on my 2019 850 RMK Pro and really like it. The mountain can was a little loud for my liking. It still has a nice rumble to it.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for one on my 19 Alpha. Race can will be too loud, so was thinking the trail can should be fine.

Was riding with a guy who was sponsored by this company. He could not hold or maintain RPM at peak operating level. After much investigation of the clutches, and everything checking out, the trail can was pulled off and the stock can was put back on. The RPM came back and the sled operated normally again.

Large mass produced exhaust companies are not always the best, just because they have a bunch of guys that ride for them doesn’t always mean the product works as advertised. You might be better off to go with a proven product that has actually been tested not just mass produced.

I have had good luck with The Thing, NPP, and Jawz, all of the mentioned are Canadian built. I have no personal experience with any of the American built exhausts like the SSI but have heard they work good as well

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock is better.
Ya, ya.

I am fine with stock and ran my 16 for 3 years stock. I have no issues with that. I am just tired of pulling that suitcase out every time I want to change the chaincase oil, give er a good cleaning, etc. Plus, 13lbs is a little bit of a benefit.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Stay away from GGB. Poor build quality, made of carbon steel and MIG welded. The rust after one season.

If your looking for a high quality product that isn't too loud I offer the SSI mufflers. I have both stainless and titanium that are polished to a mirror finish.

Stainless is $349 and titanium is $649.

Ill pay the shipping.

Cheers,

Arctic Cat 800 Suzuki Can.jpg

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, ya.

I am fine with stock and ran my 16 for 3 years stock. I have no issues with that. I am just tired of pulling that suitcase out every time I want to change the chaincase oil, give er a good cleaning, etc. Plus, 13lbs is a little bit of a benefit.

I was comparing your inquiry to the GBB. Its a personal preference, if there was a lighter can that had the stock DB level Id be running it.

Ezsmoke and dragonweld explained it, I have no personal experience with the SSI but ive heard great things from different users.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was comparing your inquiry to the GBB. Its a personal preference, if there was a lighter can that had the stock DB level Id be running it.

Ezsmoke and dragonweld explained it, I have no personal experience with the SSI but ive heard great things from different users.

Then SSI it is I guess!

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran the GGB for 2 yrs on 17 then moved it to 19 for one yrs Quite until you hit about 5500rpm no issues over 3200km

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a GGB quiet can. We'll see how it goes.

gforce_15

Reaction score
so far so good with the GGB trail can on my '19 but I've only got about 170 miles on. Hopefully it will last me a long time. Definitely louder than stock but not too bad

Top Bottom