Handlebar riser and extended cables?

bansheesrule

Reaction score
So I have a 97 summit with a 3 inch riser and i want to go bigger like maybe 5 or 6. Question is.... is it possible to use a different year throttle cable and brake cable that are longer or should i just get cable extentions that are for the year??

:beer::beer:
03 chevy
73 chevy custom

DV8ED Digger

Reaction score
So I have a 97 summit with a 3 inch riser and i want to go bigger like maybe 5 or 6. Question is.... is it possible to use a different year throttle cable and brake cable that are longer or should i just get cable extentions that are for the year??

:beer::beer:
03 chevy
73 chevy custom

If you are going to a tall riser, then add a power padd left hand throttle. Even if you don't use it, it will give you enough lenth to go as tall as you want. You may find you like it and have killed two birds with 1 stone.
There is also the Golfinger available and I would imagine that the cables would be long enough but I don't know anything about that brand.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I have a 97 summit with a 3 inch riser and i want to go bigger like maybe 5 or 6. Question is.... is it possible to use a different year throttle cable and brake cable that are longer or should i just get cable extentions that are for the year?

Not sure about the banjo fittings on the newer sleds but you might get an XP brake cable to work, you will need to get an aftermarket throttle cable though. Try and get a whole new cable if you can, the extension ones have a tendency to freeze up and bind.

Top Bottom