H1 N1 Vaccinations

eattheweak

Reaction score
Where the 70% stats come from I don't know, I never asked that question when it was told to us. I never put to much into stats because they can be worked so many ways, in my mind they are always just ballpark figures. The only part that reall stuck to me about he brief was the transmission to someone else. I have some high risk family members, that I would not want to take the chance of spreading it to them. End of the day it each persons choice........I love freedom

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I worked in pharma for many years.........what the general public do not know is how much government courting pharmacueticals companies do and drug companies are marketing GIANTS. Looking for info on a vaccine - chatrooms, information pages, government health canada wesites are all heavily influenced or controlled by the drug companies.

Interesting to hear forecasts for vaccine sales predicted to increase. Elanco just launced a Food Safety Division this month, Bioniche has one already, more to follow - all targeting vaccine manufacturing for food producing animals bound for human consumption. You may question what is the new there as farm animals are routinly vaccinated already.......What is unique about these new divisions are they are targeting human diseases that use the animals as a host such as E coli 0157;H7, which is not harmful to cattle but can cause problems/death in humans but the occurance rate is minimal. These companies are putting tremendous efforts on govt to create fear that all animals should be vaccinated to reduce the occurance these pathogens therefore reducing the risk of human disease..........When you look at the number of dairy cattle, pigs and beef cattle in N and S America then it is easy to see that the pay off to drug companies is very attractive and it is a NEW market for them to chase. You will see many more new Food Safety Divisions being created by drug companies.

My family did not get the H1N1 shot - it is huge marketing based n flimsy science at best.

Last edited:

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone that thinks that all products being pushed by the Pharmaceutical companies and doctors are safe should go to Health Canada's website and look up Zican Cold Remedy. Why would one think that the same could not apply to the H1N1 Vaccine. Those that don't believe everything that the doctors and drug companies tell us are ridiculed as being conspiricy theorists, etc, but I think that doctors and drug companies have some self interest too, and that is called $$$$$. I think that it would be naive to believe that patient interests always come first in their priorities.

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No longer in Alberta... Moved to Toronto!
Anyone that thinks that all products being pushed by the Pharmaceutical companies and doctors are safe should go to Health Canada's website and look up Zican Cold Remedy. Why would one think that the same could not apply to the H1N1 Vaccine. Those that don't believe everything that the doctors and drug companies tell us are ridiculed as being conspiricy theorists, etc, but I think that doctors and drug companies have some self interest too, and that is called $$$$$. I think that it would be naive to believe that patient interests always come first in their priorities.

That is a pretty broad brush stroke there, brotha! Kind of like saying all sledders choose to spend money on their toys instead of donate to the well being of society... If you want to see the companies that hold themselves at a higher standard (and ultimately the end user) check out companies that are a part of Rx&D... not saying that ALL companies hold themselve to high standards (as that would be a generalization like the above post) but they are much more likely to be versus companies that choose not to be apart of this association (PS self regulation is far more stringent than if the government would take control of the industry)

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remember this,

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpe1u4cKbTk&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Top Bottom