"Green" energy. Not so green.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The proper way to bury the wind mills, the D9 cat in picture is burying them in several layers. The dead birds can be buried here also. 28085538-8294057-image-a-24_1588795731941.jpg

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well at least they still have solar up their sleeves .. are we heading for a toxic waste crysis there? 300 times more toxic waste than nuclear, https___blogs-images.forbes.com_michaelshellenberger_files_2018_05_puerto_rico_solar.jpg good god!

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How dare you guys expose the negatives of the green industry. There aren’t any negatives according to the greenies. All the parts and pieces have 25 year warranties and are totally recyclable. I guess burying them in huge pits with diesel powered dozers and dump trucks hauling fill is considered recycling.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The world is one giant comedy skit right now. Honestly whatever happened to common sense?

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And we will never see it again I feel sorry for my grandkids that they will not have to think for themselves government and big corporations will do it for them

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How dare you guys expose the negatives of the green industry. There aren’t any negatives according to the greenies. All the parts and pieces have 25 year warranties and are totally recyclable. I guess burying them in huge pits with diesel powered dozers and dump trucks hauling fill is considered recycling.

There are negatives to everything. Nothing is perfect. You can’t make a physical product out of thin air.

‘Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good’

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will take 30 years for them to figure out what a sh!t show solar really is, anyone with connected brain cells can see it now. But not a lot of that in todays world...maybe the pot ...who knows. We are still dealing with David Suzuki last blunder.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are negatives to everything. Nothing is perfect. You can’t make a physical product out of thin air.

‘Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good’

Agreed, there are negatives to everything. Some of us however get sick of the hypocrisy of the green energy movement and it’s proponents. The supposed benefits are highlighted and the negatives are brushed under the carpet or deliberately minimized.
Look at the size of that wind turbine blade landfill. What would they weigh in total? Hundreds of tons? Thousands? Mostly fibreglass, which is constructed of what? Glass fibres, paint, gel coat and glues/resins, which are typically made of oil based constituents. So there are how many tons of oil based chemicals being buried there?
I doubt you or other green energy proponents would be so inclined to minimize the facts if those tons and tons of chemicals were being dumped there By vactor trucks hauling oilfield waste. You’d be screaming your tits off. The only difference is time. That fibreglass will eventually decompose/separate into its constituent components, silica, glues/chemicals/paint. It will just take longer. Maybe your great grandchildren will be employed there cleaning up the toxins left in the soil and groundwater.
You’re right, you can’t make physical product out of thin air. Just quit pretend that there’s no downside to them because they’re the waste from the virtuous green energy industry.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The green movement needs massive amounts of oil and gas to get up and running. That's quite obvious. The whole thing is hypocritical to me. They had an expert talking about it with Danielle Smith the other day on QR77 and he said at this time the best the green movement can expect for conversion is 30% tops. The tech just isn't there or has been invented to be net zero by 2050. Imagine the amount of lithium and cobalt needed to power all these electric cars? I think he said that North America the percentage of electric cars right now sits around 3%. That's gonna take a long time to get to 100%.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed, there are negatives to everything. Some of us however get sick of the hypocrisy of the green energy movement and it’s proponents. The supposed benefits are highlighted and the negatives are brushed under the carpet or deliberately minimized.
Look at the size of that wind turbine blade landfill. What would they weigh in total? Hundreds of tons? Thousands? Mostly fibreglass, which is constructed of what? Glass fibres, paint, gel coat and glues/resins, which are typically made of oil based constituents. So there are how many tons of oil based chemicals being buried there?
I doubt you or other green energy proponents would be so inclined to minimize the facts if those tons and tons of chemicals were being dumped there By vactor trucks hauling oilfield waste. You’d be screaming your tits off. The only difference is time. That fibreglass will eventually decompose/separate into its constituent components, silica, glues/chemicals/paint. It will just take longer. Maybe your great grandchildren will be employed there cleaning up the toxins left in the soil and groundwater.
You’re right, you can’t make physical product out of thin air. Just quit pretend that there’s no downside to them because they’re the waste from the virtuous green energy industry.

Who on this forum is arguing that it doesn't take resources to make anything, including renewable energy products? I pointed out the oilfield waste topic to point out your hypocrisy, that every industry action and every human action for that matter creates waste.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The green movement needs massive amounts of oil and gas to get up and running. That's quite obvious. The whole thing is hypocritical to me. They had an expert talking about it with Danielle Smith the other day on QR77 and he said at this time the best the green movement can expect for conversion is 30% tops. The tech just isn't there or has been invented to be net zero by 2050. Imagine the amount of lithium and cobalt needed to power all these electric cars? I think he said that North America the percentage of electric cars right now sits around 3%. That's gonna take a long time to get to 100%.

How is it hypocritical, how can you make something using energy with any other source of energy other than oil, gas and coal if those other sources haven't been built yet? Horses at one point hauled parts to the Ford factory to make Model T's, does that mean that was hypocritical too?

Cars are built with over 3000 lbs of materials, including plastics, aluminum, steel, rubber, lead, copper, and various other materials, this has never been an issue in the over 100 years vehicles have been on the roads. Why is it all of a sudden an issue when 100 lbs of metals like lithium and cobalt are now being incorporated into batteries for these same cars?

I'd also suggest that "expert" find a new career. California has already exceeded 30% of it's electricity from renewable sources and is headed to 50%.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is it hypocritical, how can you make something using energy with any other source of energy other than oil, gas and coal if those other sources haven't been built yet? Horses at one point hauled parts to the Ford factory to make Model T's, does that mean that was hypocritical too?

Cars are built with over 3000 lbs of materials, including plastics, aluminum, steel, rubber, lead, copper, and various other materials, this has never been an issue in the over 100 years vehicles have been on the roads. Why is it all of a sudden an issue when 100 lbs of metals like lithium and cobalt are now being incorporated into batteries for these same cars?

I'd also suggest that "expert" find a new career. California has already exceeded 30% of it's electricity from renewable sources and is headed to 50%.
I'm not drinking your Koolaid.

Top Bottom