Grand cache. Camping/riding Help!

sweetipie_5

Reaction score
Hey going quading in Grande cache in september. The only camping i have founf in that area where you can get a trailer into and ride youe quad out of the campsite is on the side of the hwy? doe anyone know where there is some off road camping that isn't by the hyw and isn't quad restricted

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
You are asking alot for the town of grande cache,,,,,,,,,,, I know a few campsites,,,,,, One on #40 out by sheep Creek,,,, might be your best bet,,,, at least it is close to some trails, but out of touch on what trails are even open anymore???? I think Caw Ridge is still open??? try this for campsites......

drokos

Reaction score
Lots of camping places! Campgrounds- Blue Bridge, just north of town, down the hill, sheep creek campsite, southview is a little further north on hwy 40. You can dry camp along the river at the "flats", and quad from there......the campsites of course, are no riding zones......there is the campground in town, they have hookups, the quadding is endless here, you can spend lots of time quadding all over caw ridge, or up grande for a quickie run......we have been dirt biking & quadding here for 25 years! We quad from our homes, down the back alleys to the trails.......if I can help you with any more info, let me know!

Too Many Toys

Reaction score
Thanks for the info drokos. A couple of us will be coming up Fri or Sat for a week. Is there some place in town that we could get our hands on some good maps...maybe topographical ones? Not looking for riding that is too extreme,we have our wives with us.Thanks

sweetipie_5

Reaction score
Thanks guys but we are trying to find camping that we can quad out of and camping that is not 20 feet from the high way haha but i hear that is a hard thing to find. Thanks for all the suggestions though!

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The camping at Sheep Creek is along the hiway but there are lots of treed sites that are aways in. It's not like you would be camping in the ditch, it's acually pretty nice and you can ride right from camp.

Dodge2008

Reaction score
We are working 60kms N of Grande Cache and we were wondering where the best places up here to quad are, how do you access caw and grande ridge are you able to unload in Grande Cache and ride to these areas.

Thanks Logan

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of riding near the kakwa river or the cutbank. Both area's have off hwy camping...:beer: cutbank falls is cool

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want to ride grande mtn. you can ride from grande cache lake. The kaw ridge trail is most easily accessible from the beaverdam road just north of town near the flats.

Top Bottom