gpx flooding..help

bpracing1

Reaction score
I have a 75 Gpx 338...after running sled a little bit and engine is warmed up ..I have to get hand on throttle and Tom's up to keep it running or if I let idle it snubs off!! Do I need to change jet needles or main jets too?! Thank you

WopOnTour

Reaction score
I have a 75 Gpx 338...after running sled a little bit and engine is warmed up ..I have to get hand on throttle and Tom's up to keep it running or if I let idle it snubs off!! Do I need to change jet needles or main jets too?! Thank you
Ok so these obviously are not the orginal GPX Keihin carbs, so WHICH Mikuni are you running and how is it jetted? (pilot, mains, needles) and what slider cutouts are you using??

First things first check your needle & seat (for sealing issues, debris in the valve, loose etc) and adjust your float to eyeballed "level".

Also pull your impulse line pff the engine and make sure it' not flooded with fuel which might indicate a bad fuel pump. I put a clear hose between the pump and impulse fitting with a "loopty-loop" in it, then start it and if fuel starts filling the loopty-loop your pump is bad. (replace or kit)

WOT

Last edited:
Top Bottom