gooseneckhitches

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Any body ever install a gooseneck hitch on there truck. The guys at the shop want 300 buck to install just wondering if it is something i could do myself

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Spend the extra and install a fifth wheel,you wont regret it.Goosneck hitches suck!
catmando!

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i would but its for the horse trailer and goosneck it is.
i don't even like horses but to make peace with the war department.lol

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It is easy to change the hitch as well,but any smart guy would know when to shut up and now that you have explained the situation,get that gooseneck on there buddy.make the lady happy.Over and Out LOL!
Wish I could help!
catmando!

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Thanks for seeing between the lines catmando. I realized all that and its easier this way. lol I might try to put it in on my own can't be that hard.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
and besides i got a new truck out of the deal so a hitch really doesn't bother me.

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rusty...It takes a hitch shop about 2 - 3 hours to install the rails for a gooseneck hitch. I would recommend Reese rails and goose. You can easily un-pin the goose and install a 5th wheel hitch into the same rails if ever needed. It usually takes a customer 3 - 5 hours of frustration to install his own rails, but it is NOT rocket science.

Mark
Happy Camper RV - Edson, Alberta

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rusty...It takes a hitch shop about 2 - 3 hours to install the rails for a gooseneck hitch. I would recommend Reese rails and goose. You can easily un-pin the goose and install a 5th wheel hitch into the same rails if ever needed. It usually takes a customer 3 - 5 hours of frustration to install his own rails, but it is NOT rocket science.

Mark
Happy Camper RV - Edson, Alberta

I totally agree... I have that exact setup on my F-350 to pull a 30' gooseneck flatdeck. Four pins and the hitch is out in less than a min. Very clean look in the box. Took me 2 1/2 hours to put the rails in... Worse part of the job was drilling the frame holes, other than that is was fairly easy.

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reese makes a hitch where there is no frame drilling.You drill 4 holes in the box and bolt the rails to two frame plates .Did my truck and my father inlaws in 3.5 hrs .Nice set up ,no rails in the box just 4 pucks to where the fifthwheel drops into.

OLDHONDA

Reaction score
still looking to get the goose neck installed waht kinda gooses it it adn where are ya located. might be able to help ya out?

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Went with a popup 2 hitch gonna be installing it when i get home. Seems pretty striaght foraward so i'll try on my own but i will keep you posted. Thanks i might need some help

Top Bottom