Golden Triangle

Renegade

Reaction score
My buddy and I are thinking of riding the Golden Triangle this weekend but need some info. Can't contact the Fox Creek people. Is the trail from Fox Creek to Swan Hills groomed and/or reasonably well signed? Is there a staging area in Fox Creek and son/or someplace to leave the vehicle? Are there maps available and if so where can I pick one up? I have been on most of the rest of the trail, but not across the Swan Hillz/Fox Creek section.

Thanks

Dennis

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can look at the map of the Whole Golden Triangle in PDF on our web site, and you can get the maps in Whitecourt.

Click on Trail system and scroll to the bottom all map links are there.
I'll see if I can find out about the trail conditions between F.C and S.H.
Whitecourt hasn't groomed the triangle north of our warmup cabin yet this year either.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just spoke to someone that met up with some guys from Fox Creek that rode the whole Triangle last Friday/Saturday, They said the trail between Fox and Swan Hills was "O.K'. It's definately not groomed though. They did have a couple of older sleds with them. They rode from Fox Creek through Swan Hills to Whitecourt, Stayed the night here and back to Fox on Saturday. The trail from Whitecourt to the Virginia hills road is supposed to be groomed this week. If Alex doesn't get to it, I'd ride the alliance pipeline just North of the hiway, the trail got pounded on the family day weekend poker rally

Top Bottom