Golden Snow 2013

sledrat403

Reaction score
379217_10152476167660657_1616616602_n.jpg Yep - shovel blade strapped to the pack with the gopro on the handle above you - which is like 7.5' up there so it takes some deep snow to get snow on it.

299511_10152476167940657_769969209_n.jpg

zed899

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I just need a pole mount and try it out. I would take my dslr out with me but I don't want to break it! lol. Those pictures are just on another level, they look unreal.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I just need a pole mount and try it out. I would take my dslr out with me but I don't want to break it! lol. Those pictures are just on another level, they look unreal.

Use your shovel if you can. You are already carrying it. He brings his DLSR with him, hence the quality of the photos, just have to make sure to don't fall on it. With my track record of tumbling off my sled, I wouldn't carry one on me either.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

sledrat403

Reaction score
I use a padded case (thinktank telephoto bag) for my dslr and have it in my backpack. It's a Canon 7D with a 70-200mm f2.8 so it's a pretty chunky camera. Then I stuff any non-avy gear in my tunnel bag. I've skied with the camera and whacked it around quite a bit - knock on wood! A spare sweater at the bottom of the bag to keep it from tapping the tunnel helps add some padding also. After taking pictures with a dslr f2.8 (esp in low light) I don't ever want to bother with a smaller camera. The full res version blown up is so sharp you can see the chunk of snow in the rider's open mouth (causing choking)

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sledrat403 this was posted last friday ...so what day where you sledding..this is a week ago already isn't it!!Good choice on the music by the way it makes the video come alive!!

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back to Golden rode Quartz today some fresh snow 12" to 16" in places even got a little sunshine. Talked to some guys that rode silent yesterday at Quartz today said it was good as well bout the same amount of snow!! Worth the trip forecast is for more snow through next 5 days trails are groomed and smooth was about -3 up there today!! Have pictures but no time to up load beer and hot tub are waiting!!!

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont know about in town but no rain here at 1000m.
the ski hill says this am 7cm in 48hours?
I had 10cm of fresh yestdy and the ski hill normally gets way more.
1cm overnite here, but I'm guessing a bit more up high.
rogers pass has and is getting way more,
just look at the highway cams!
quartz should be good ... always is!

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice vid Aaron! How are you liking the ProClimb?
Loving the Proclimb thanks! I think 2013 is the year to buy a Cat that's for sure! Been a funny season for us here in Golden with a great early season and a kind of dry mid season so far. We have had some great days, but any year is gonna be tuff to compare to last season!
Love the Nytro turbo for the crazy deep days, but for the rest the M8 is unreal in the steep techy trees!! Apparently they out climb anything, but I'm not one to try and find out.. haha!

HAYDENC

Reaction score
any snow coming in? might be coming up this weekend if some fresh falls!

Top Bottom