Golden Snow 2013

snowgood

Reaction score
Buddy just bought a snow bike just wondering if he will make the river crossing just before cabin.I don't want him to have a bad experience first timer any help would be great.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snow bike will get there, but have your go pro ready ...

currently -2 on the upper bench and putting down hard, tradgicly it now rain, was wet snow at dinner time.

we were on the east side of the valley today and at 2000m 80cm -4 and puking hard. but raining in town.

the roads were a ch!t show, and buddies truck with 2 sleds on trailer nearly didnt make it up the hill in the wet snow.
I was sooo scared for my sled I wanted to take off trailer and ride it home it was that bad.

quartz will be off the hook 2moro, I just dont want to have to drive there ...
either way I'll be riding somewhere ...

lewishillbilly

Reaction score
X2!!!
Come plug anytime man you bring so much other great info I think you deserve the plugs!!!

go see GSR aka Aaron at Mountain Motorsports they got everything and know there stuff, heck I showed up looking for Doo parts and they had stock not even a Doo dealer!!

thanks Aaron

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
holy ch!t toady was off the hook !!!

we didnt go to quartz creek as I was rebuilding buddies sled til midday.
so we went tot our secret stash again.
about another 20cm of fresh, I havent set up a study plot, probably should if I'm gunna bullch!t here like I actually know something eh.
we built a trail to the apline but couldnt get our sleds out of tree line as it was too deep !!!
technical tree riding to get up there, and I'm on a rt1000 (pregnant cow) and buddy on a RX1.
Started snowing about 1500 (hours) and puked hard up top, pissing rain below 1100m
I've been trying to get photos up on here but I'm a little bit special.

HAYDENC

Reaction score
if you go to sledshot.com they have a new video up from yesterday at quarts.. SNOW LOOKS AWESOME!

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
holy ch!t toady was off the hook !!!

we didnt go to quartz creek as I was rebuilding buddies sled til midday.
so we went tot our secret stash again.
about another 20cm of fresh, I havent set up a study plot, probably should if I'm gunna bullch!t here like I actually know something eh.
we built a trail to the apline but couldnt get our sleds out of tree line as it was too deep !!!
technical tree riding to get up there, and I'm on a rt1000 (pregnant cow) and buddy on a RX1.
Started snowing about 1500 (hours) and puked hard up top, pissing rain below 1100m
I've been trying to get photos up on here but I'm a little bit special.

I'd say it was redbur

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
keep guessing ... its actually our snowboard terrain if that helps

currently -1 and light precip all day.

I didn't ride today as I had ch!t to do in the real world ... buggar !!!

snowgood

Reaction score
keep guessing ... its actually our snowboard terrain if that helps

currently -1 and light precip all day.

I didn't ride today as I had ch!t to do in the real world ... buggar !!!
Show me a picture I like this game

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wrong !!!

red-B needs 1km of trail slashing with a chain saw.

skins or snowshoes can get me in there but theres a big pile of avy debri that went up the other side. maybe late season we can get in there but not right now.

but please go look for yourself and prove me wrong, coz I'd really appreciate some else doing all the work.

bluewater is another area that has a deactivated logging roads that I've been trying to get into. I spent some time in summer checking it out but the road has ch!t the bed (shale slide) in a bad place and would be an ugly side hill that is a long way above the creek and steep as. failure is not an option. It is the back side (or front side) of hope creek and has sooo many orsum bowls. check it out on google earth, and again, prove me wrong.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bluewater is another area that has a deactivated logging roads that I've been trying to get into. I spent some time in summer checking it out but the road has ch!t the bed (shale slide) in a bad place and would be an ugly side hill that is a long way above the creek and steep as. failure is not an option. It is the back side (or front side) of hope creek and has sooo many orsum bowls. check it out on google earth, and again, prove me wrong.

Yea i tried bluewater last year in april. I think the shale slide you are talking about is de-activation 5. The last de avtivation is brutal. There are 6 to be exact, as there are 6 bridges kickin around. We made it to number 6, but it is so steep you would get high centered on the bumpers of your sled HAH!. I think if you made it to the first big bridge that crosses bluewater, it would be a walk in the park from there in. But i do agree, backside of hope and more, if you know a way in and need some help let me know. Always up for finding some honey holes. I would think blackwater would lead to some scenery as well :beer:

rapptorracing

Reaction score
wrong !!!

red-B needs 1km of trail slashing with a chain saw.

skins or snowshoes can get me in there but theres a big pile of avy debri that went up the other side. maybe late season we can get in there but not right now.

but please go look for yourself and prove me wrong, coz I'd really appreciate some else doing all the work.

Yah I have been meaning to cut some trail beside the creek instead of going up it. Is the avy debris on the road or farther up? Its been a few years since a buddy and I made a goat trail up there.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are riding quartz tomorow ill take pics and post them later Friday night!:)
the we are ridding revy sat and sun...will post pics in that thread at the end of each day:)

Top Bottom