Going on a snow hunt

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't take it anymore. I've got Saturday off and plan on loading up and driving until I find enough snow to spin the track. Any farther than 3 hours and I won't get much riding time, so that puts me around Edmonton to the West, Cold Lake/Meadow Lake to the North and Saskatoon to the East. I won't waste my time going South. Which direction should I go? Any snow sighting in these area would be appreciated.:D

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my brother and his friend were out around whitecourt this past weekend and said that the snow was good......and i heard a rumour it may snow thursday!!!!!!!!!!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I have been out three times on my sled around here, but the snow isnt worth six hours of driving here and back.

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, but that's garbage! Someone has to have snow. I'll drive even you think it's not worth it. do you have 6 inches? That's enough for me.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats just it we dont have 6 inches. In the fields now there is maybe 2-3 inches. With the warmer weather it is going fast too.

kbweed

Reaction score
fox creek and area has very little maybe 3 inches, not worth it. dont know how whitecourt has more but hear there is a couple feet at swam hills but might just be a rumor

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gambled on North. Came up with nothing, but it was a nice drive in the country anyway.

kbweed

Reaction score
woke up this morning and it is + 7 out in fox creek and the little snow we had is almost all gone, and it is suppose to rain all day. might go crazy soon if this keeps up, where the hell is the snow. off to vale on dec 16 but was wanting to break in the etec before i went, all well

kbweed

Reaction score
nice link thanks, was trying to find some in alberta but i think that isnt going to happen

Two Blue

Reaction score
Not enough to spin in Central Alberta... We are in plus temperatures and the little snow that we did have is waisting away..... The mountains are the only bet at this point, but the Avalanche concerns remain the same....

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anybody in central AB/SK gets a freak snowstorm anytime soon, I would appreciate hearing about it:D:D.

Top Bottom