goggles 509 brand

toyman2k

Reaction score
Website
www.heisertoyota.com
anyone using the new Sinister X5 509 goggles? Just got mine and wow do they pinch the nose almost closed. super disappointed as they said they fixed this problem.

anyone else using these notice this?

using Oakley Splice and wanted to try something different as I need a 2nd pair for snowy / cloudy days. Any other suggestions?

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aviators with 509 helmet and breathe box works like a charm. A guy needs to try everything on and see what fits best. Sled show is nice for this as everythijg is there

Steve Slade

Reaction score
You must have a big nose. Never had that issue with my X5. Had issues with my aviators having a crappy seal on my 509 carbon fibre helmet though. Switched to X5s and got a much better seal

toyman2k

Reaction score
Website
www.heisertoyota.com
Yep I can sniff out the powder!! I dont have my helmut here in same state so cant try on with helmut as I think it might releive some of the stress on my big nose. Just hate to keep them and then have to sell at half price for not
fitting properly.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find they only push on my nose with my hjc helmet. My 509 they are fine. My issue with them is the tiny foam seal is tiny, little bit of sweat and they are cloudy at the top. Old siniters took 3-4 times longer.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
509 is overpriced junk imo. Been there done that. If it works for you that is great. You are one of the few lucky ones.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
509 is overpriced junk imo. Been there done that. If it works for you that is great. You are one of the few lucky ones.

Yah, beat thing about them is the availability. Can get lenses or new goggles anywhere. Tried to look at smiths and seems like the arnt carried anywhere. Ski goggles like oakley may be better but dont have the oversized face foam to cut the wind.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I use the Klim arctic balaclava, and haven't had a pair of goggles fog on me yet. I have like 8 pairs just in case and wear 2. One for day and one for night. I wear the X5 Sinisters. Have the aviators too, but haven't even tried them. They do pinch my nose a bit, but certainly nothing unbearable. Don't even notice it after a while, but maybe I'm just a mouth breather anyway.

Last edited:

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the Klim arctic balaclava, and haven't had a pair of goggles fog on me yet. I have like 8 pairs just in case and wear 2. One for day and one for night. I wear the X5 Sinisters. Have the aviators too, but haven't even tried them.

I use it too, love it. Doesn't agree with my motorfist jacket. Either strangles me or pops out of the collar when i turn my head. Going to try the glacier over the collar next year.

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have several pairs of x5 and aviators, i do find the sinister does pinch my nose to the point it makes it hard to breathe as well, aviators are fine

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Time and time again.... people get caught up in the marketing hype of those trashy goggles. If they were that good... they wouldnt make you spend a fortune on thier "no fog" goggle and then ask you to buy the "anti fog" fan for it. If they were that good they wouldn't have produced a fan for them in the first place. Throwing em in the trash is the best thing I ever did.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Time and time again.... people get caught up in the marketing hype of those trashy goggles. If they were that good... they wouldnt make you spend a fortune on thier "no fog" goggle and then ask you to buy the "anti fog" fan for it. If they were that good they wouldn't have produced a fan for them in the first place. Throwing em in the trash is the best thing I ever did.

So, what brand would you suggest? Wait....... let me guess. ;)

Just bustin your balls Trent. Goggle brand, sled brand, where in Alberta to live. EVERYONE is gonna have a differing opinion on what works for them, and what doesn't. With the Klim Arctic Balaclava, I couldn't be happier with my 509 goggles. Haven't even started to fog one single time.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
So, what brand would you suggest? Wait....... let me guess. ;)

Just bustin your balls Trent. Goggle brand, sled brand, where in Alberta to live. EVERYONE is gonna have a differing opinion on what works for them, and what doesn't. With the Klim Arctic Balaclava, I couldn't be happier with my 509 goggles. Haven't even started to fog one single time.

And thats GREAT! I know some people that have zero problems with them... But it seems the majority... Complain about them.... Or.. "I go through five sets a year" lol... Then... TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT! lol. spend 500 bucks on the same pair. I took me a while to get all of my friends to switch over.. But the oakley airbrake.... CRAZY goggle... bar none the best out there IMO. Comes with two lenses for different lights... pull a lever to change them out.. Never had any fogging issues and the feild of veiw huge. different stroke for different folks! For some reason I get very sandy and cranky when people complain about 509's lol....

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I won a set of 509's at the Betties/Hickshow premiere after the sled show last year.

I installed one of my habervision fans into them and they've been pretty good for me. Would I be as happy had I spent $125 on them, probably not, but for my $20 donation, they're damn good goggles :)

canamgirl

Reaction score
worst set of goggles ever owned...
brother tried them SUCKED
Husband tried them SUCKED
I tried them....SUCKED
t-team reccommended Oakley air breaks to me.. AWESOME!

toyman2k

Reaction score
Website
www.heisertoyota.com
I wear a Klim Artic balaclava and love it. Never a problem with fogging even on my cheapy pair of goggles. I so wanted to like the 509's.... The Oakley Splice does have a thicker foam and better fit with my fly racing helmut. Way thicker than the

509's in my hand now. Saw the Klim's and look interesting. Need a Hi-yellow or Persimmons for cloudy days and snowing. Rather the Hi-yellow for better vis for ravines and creeks. We got a few more days riding to get in before putting sleds away :)

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And thats GREAT! I know some people that have zero problems with them... But it seems the majority... Complain about them.... Or.. "I go through five sets a year" lol... Then... TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT! lol. spend 500 bucks on the same pair. I took me a while to get all of my friends to switch over.. But the oakley airbrake.... CRAZY goggle... bar none the best out there IMO. Comes with two lenses for different lights... pull a lever to change them out.. Never had any fogging issues and the feild of veiw huge. different stroke for different folks! For some reason I get very sandy and cranky when people complain about 509's lol....

I like my x5's better than the original sinisters., I'm STILL looking for a goggle to replace my old Scott's,
The problem I have with them is the fogging on the outside. Maybe to do with the mirror finish. The X5's fit over my glasses very nice and work well for me with my my Carbon brp helmet, I also use the fan in both my 509's. The fancy metal 509 emblem is chipping my helmet and pissing me off!

The Oakleys you mention, how well do the fit over glasses?
If they are as good as you say they are, I'd like to try a pair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom