Uv rated goggles

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got laser eye last week, I’m told I have to rock uv rated goggles when I’m riding

I have a pair of ignites with yellow lense and sinister with photochromatic yellow, according to my dealer 509 doesn’t really test their stuff for UV tho. Short of stuffing sunglasses under my ignites what is everyone else using?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont know, but i like my 5 year old Oakleys better than brand new 509 ignites....

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When it comes to lens quality there is Oakley Prizm and there is Smith chromapop and then there is everyone else. I would look and see if they include UV information with their goggles. Prizm Rose and Prizm Hi Pink are key (y)

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oakley snow goggles went on sale last summer, I bought 3 units. I like them quite a bit. But I will admit that they don't seal as well around the outside against the 509 helmet, and don't come with a nose piece.

Looks like the snow goggles are 20% off on their website right now. Shipping is free I think and I didn't pay any extra fees when it crossed the border. DHL delivery.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess I’m switching to Oakley! Haha thanks boys!

I do have a fog fan on my sinisters perhaps I can swap it over to a pair of oakleys

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont know, but i like my 5 year old Oakleys better than brand new 509 ignites....
I have the first gen ingnites, they have held up pretty good. Best part is the obv no fog and on bitter days the heat on my face is nice….first world problems lol

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oakley snow goggles went on sale last summer, I bought 3 units. I like them quite a bit. But I will admit that they don't seal as well around the outside against the 509 helmet, and don't come with a nose piece.

Looks like the snow goggles are 20% off on their website right now. Shipping is free I think and I didn't pay any extra fees when it crossed the border. DHL delivery.

Sweet thanks man!

Which ‘model’ did you go with?

I have a fxr helmet, my 509 goggles do fit in it pretty well

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet thanks man!

Which ‘model’ did you go with?

I have a fxr helmet, my 509 goggles do fit in it pretty well
Line Miners are my favorite. I have some flight decks as well that seal to the helmet a bit better but fog easier in bad conditions.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run Oakley Flight decks, the prizm lenses are so good. My 509 ignite lenses suck in comparison, and I rarely use the 509s.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The oakleys don’t fog? Or are you talking visibility?
I only have fog issues in -15 and colder as a rule, and I can avoid it by not putting my goggles on until I am ready to ride. The lens clarity is really good. I have 509 ignites and have only used them a couple of times. For colder than -20 I have a carbon fiber closed face with a heated visor.

Top Bottom