GGB Exhaust... easy peasy weight loss plan

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GGB cans, especially the Mountain Can, are very loud. Maybe not to the rider, but I can't think of a word other than obnoxious to describe when someone passes by with one. Just my experience. Reminds me of the skinny NPP cans, or Jaws.

There are two versions of the GGB... Mountain can loud, trail can is really quiet... The trail can is the quietest can I've ever had!

Just want to clarify that...

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hearing-protection.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9miCoNDcIbY#action=share

Last edited:

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I can say they sound nice on the trail up and not too loud, when your in powder and your front end is down there not too loud. When your front end is up above the snow it screams, it sounds great for the rider, I hear from other people that its loud and crisp. I have 2400 km on my T3 skidoo without a problem with the can or any codes due to the can. Great product. And Im not endorsing this for GGB.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Direct comparison.. both Poo Poo sleds, same hill, same day, two different exhausts. Both shot with a Samsung Galaxy S4 cell phone, but from a little different spot on the hill

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not specifically aimed at lenny, but I am curious if any of you that call a pipe "obnoxious" or overly loud ride a Harley?

No Harley here, but I did have an M1000 with Jaws twins. Which as also fine to the rider, but obnoxious to the rest of the world.

9/10 Harleys are obnoxious

And 76% of statistics are made up on the fly.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ear bleeder. The other backcountry users will not appreciate that!

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being that I am the one who recorded that video... I can tell you that it really isn't that loud. Listen to any of them taken on a cell phone, Most phones now actually automatically adjust the volume levels and equalize them. Which is why is sounds louder on a phone vs go pro.

Had mountain cans on every machine I own. Never has anyone ever commented on it, or anything. They sound great at idle (nice and quiet) so you can talk to your buddies, and have a nice bark when WOT. There is many other brands that guys in our group run that our louder. MBRP being one of them.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure its a GGB on my XM and I dont find it crazy loud. All jokes or ulterior motives aside, I think a little louder of a can is a good thing when in the back country. Sometimes guys get separated from the group and its nice to be able to hear them. Dont see how it is hurting the sport at all for where we ride. If we were riding trails near public areas then yes, fine. But out in the backcountry its generally just sledders.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure its a GGB on my XM and I dont find it crazy loud. All jokes or ulterior motives aside, I think a little louder of a can is a good thing when in the back country. Sometimes guys get separated from the group and its nice to be able to hear them. Dont see how it is hurting the sport at all for where we ride. If we were riding trails near public areas then yes, fine. But out in the backcountry its generally just sledders.
IMO noise is one of the biggest common complaints about our sport. The areas I ride we commonly interface with backcountry skiers and they don't like the noisy machines. It's pretty easy to take their easiest ammunition away from them by just running a stock muffler or quiet can. It can be nice to hear where your buddies are but I'm not willingly giving greenies ammunition to solve a problem that is easily solved by having good group travel habits.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO noise is one of the biggest common complaints about our sport. The areas I ride we commonly interface with backcountry skiers and they don't like the noisy machines. It's pretty easy to take their easiest ammunition away from them by just running a stock muffler or quiet can. It can be nice to hear where your buddies are but I'm not willingly giving greenies ammunition to solve a problem that is easily solved by having good group travel habits.

Thank heavens we don't ride in the same area...........:hippie::kickass:

In all seriousness, I've always had an aftermarket can, never had complaints or problems nor have my friends. I've even taken skiers out, and surprise they haven't complained either. The biggest complaints about our sport are the dumb asses who go out drinking and riding, littering and riding in closed areas. The ones who have no regard for others and the environment. It is a Can, I am super stoked about it... frankly unless you hear it in person I'd refrain from making any broad spectrum judgment calls. Now I shall go back to being stoked, excited, and extremely happy for this season.

Momma Out

BEL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not specifically aimed at lenny, but I am curious if any of you that call a pipe "obnoxious" or overly loud ride a Harley?

Have never heard a sled that I would consider obnoxiously loud. We do ride bikes as well and have a couple of Harleys. I am always conscious of our surroundings and ride accordingly, but our Ultra Classic Screamin' Eagle has 2-into-2 Bub 7 pipes and a Stage 1 Power Commander, and if I wanted to crack the throttle wide open you wouldn't even be able to hear someone next to you who was yelling into your ear.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If a person runs into non sledders in the backcountry then just be respectful and dont go by WOT. If they still arent happy.....then let me let you in on a little secret.......they dont like you no matter what and are never going to be happy! Just the way it is sometimes.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If a person runs into non sledders in the backcountry then just be respectful and dont go by WOT. If they still arent happy.....then let me let you in on a little secret.......they dont like you no matter what and are never going to be happy! Just the way it is sometimes.
Seeing as I have interacted with the guide and tour operator for a number of years I know what works and what doesn't as well as what the complaints of his customers are. This riding area borders a provincial park and we ride on one side of the valley and they use the other. We always pass them slowly when they are touring up the road and respect them that's not an issue but they don't like it when after they have spent 7 hours touring up the side of the valley into an uber remote rustic lodge they can still hear us on the other side. He has more pull than we do as far as the closures in the area and the motorized restrictions so we run quiet machines and continue to have a great relationship with the tour operator.

Top Bottom