Garmin Etrex Legend

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone out there looking for a gps check out parts and accesaries for sleds,I just put a brand new etrex legend that has never beeen used in the classy adds!
catmando!

GRD

Reaction score
Anyone out there looking for a gps check out parts and accesaries for sleds,I just put a brand new etrex legend that has never beeen used in the classy adds!
catmando!

Haven't looked at it yet, but are you able to upgrade the memory?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I dont think so,You will have to log on to GPS central and look in there products,they have a great discription of it.
catmando!
Its the blue one!

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We use the etrex legend at work. No you cannot upgrade the memory (I think 8Mb is what it has), but it does allow maps to be downloaded to it. It does not do autorouting, but that is what Mapsource and Streets & Trips are for anyway. They have been very solid units and we put them through their paces. Very easy to use with the thumbstick.

snotwister

Reaction score
These are awsome units.I have a e-trex vista which is almost identical to the legend except for a electronic compass and a little more memory.I use mine for sledding all the time and it works great.Why ya selling it?Anyway if anyone local buys it(edmonton area) i have a few hundred bucks worth of software i will let you borrow to download into it.I have 2 disc,s with mapsource metroguide U.S.A Ver.4.02, Mapsource U.S. roads and rec Ver.3.03, and mapsource metroguide roads and rec Ver.3.01. This makes the base legend a whole new unit with this info installed.Maybe this will help your sale catmando?Good luck.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You are right,they are a awsome unit but after the gps course we were offerd a discount and I wanted to upgrade so I bought a Rhino 520 and had a small issue with the etrex.I sent it in for warrenty and they sent me a brand new one.Another good reason that garmin is the one to go with,because it was only 4 months old they just replaced it with a new one rather than try to fix it.To make a long sory short,a guy from LacLa Biche just got a great deal!
Thanks for your input guys!
catmando!
May take you up on some of your software snotwister!

Reaction score
I have the eTrex Legend and it has gotten me out of a few jams, both on sled and in other cities. Great unit. Never needed extra memory. I have both MetroGuide CDN 4.0 and CDN Topo maps. I was by GPS Central a week+ ago when I was in Calgary and was told CDN MetroGuide 5 would be out within the next year if memory serves. 4.0 is out of date...many of the Harvey's Restaurants listed on the GPS are no longer in business...we don't have Harvey's burgers in NF and I got my fill while in Calgary

So in short, I recommend the Legend!

snotwister

Reaction score
If i can remember to bring it to the next meeting at shanks i will give it to you then if you want to put it in your new rhino.If you want it sooner and your in or near devon give me a call(987-5613) and ill give it to you then.Dave.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Next gathering will be good,Thx.
catmando!

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are right,they are a awsome unit but after the gps course we were offerd a discount and I wanted to upgrade so I bought a Rhino 520 and had a small issue with the etrex.I sent it in for warrenty and they sent me a brand new one.Another good reason that garmin is the one to go with,because it was only 4 months old they just replaced it with a new one rather than try to fix it.To make a long sory short,a guy from LacLa Biche just got a great deal!
Thanks for your input guys!
catmando!
May take you up on some of your software snotwister!

Thanks for the great deal Catmando :D

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your very welcome,I will get it to you asap,Any questions please pm me.
catmando!

Top Bottom