Fox Float suspension Set Up

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am just wondering what everyone is running for pressure in the fox floats in the front and in the rear shock? Just trying to set my sled up in the front end. I know that the rear shock depends on the rider and the weight of the rider.

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got fox to,but your going to have to test it your self, too many varibles too consider. it's sure nice though how quick you can change the air presure,i change mine a fair bit depending on what im doing or snow conditions.

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if i remember right,since i have fox on all my sleds.my rt 1000 has about 60-80 in the front and about 120-130 in the rear's, i'll have to double check in the morning,i almost go max in the rear because of my turbo,trying to keep front end down as much as possible,also im not a small guy lol, how much do ya weigh?

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if i remember right,since i have fox on all my sleds.my rt 1000 has about 60-80 in the front and about 120-130 in the rear's, i'll have to double check in the morning,i almost go max in the rear because of my turbo,trying to keep front end down as much as possible,also im not a small guy lol, how much do ya weigh?

Thanks for the help. I am around 245 -250. I am running the back at 165 and not sure what the front is at. Thanks for the help.

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep your about the same as me, run max in back and im sure it's around 80 in front

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Fox skid shocks are acceptable and do a reasonably good job.....But Foxes on the skis of a M1000 are chit....they grab and fade.....Try a set of Ohlins or plain Fox coil overs........There is a update kit for them that supposibly improves them.....But until you've tryed Ohlins you never know what your missing.
I'am in the same wieght catagory as you......ask santa to bring you some Ohlins or Z-bros for X-Mas

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Fox skid shocks are acceptable and do a reasonably good job.....But Foxes on the skis of a M1000 are chit....they grab and fade.....Try a set of Ohlins or plain Fox coil overs........There is a update kit for them that supposibly improves them.....But until you've tryed Ohlins you never know what your missing.
I'am in the same wieght catagory as you......ask santa to bring you some Ohlins or Z-bros for X-Mas

What is a set of those worth?

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for in the deep powder dosent matter to me much, but on the trails up and down..ya i woulnd'nt mind trying something different.maybe on my next build.or if these crap out first.how much for olins?

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am just wondering what everyone is running for pressure in the fox floats in the front and in the rear shock? Just trying to set my sled up in the front end. I know that the rear shock depends on the rider and the weight of the rider.

For your M1000 sp stock is 50 psi I believe, for the front A arm shocks. The front skid shock should be double that. The nice thing about the Fox air shocks is that they are so easy to adjust.. sounds like you are not a small boy :) pump them things up. :d If you ride hard :) If you ride like a girl, then the factory settings will serve you well.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is a set of those worth?

1200-1350......unlike the foxes they dont hang up or fade...every aspect of riding is better. They are especially bad on the 1000.....8's are a little better. But on the 1000 even carving you can feel them hang up and then fold....first time I felt this I put them on a M8 and it wasn't a problem.....ordered a new set of Foxes for M1000...same thing......went back to coil overs..MUCH BETTER........Talked to Darko about shocks..he said Ohlins and I've never looked back since.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never got a pump with my M8; where's the best place to pick one up? Outside stealing one from an unguarded tool box Snotty :rolleyes: ( I already see that one coming).:d

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never got a pump with my M8; where's the best place to pick one up? Outside stealing one from an unguarded tool box Snotty :rolleyes: ( I already see that one coming).:d

I was in E&S on Friday and they have a few in stock. If you call there and talk to Josh and tell him Darren said to call he will courier one out to you. they dont usually do that but he does it for me and has done it for other guys that i have sent there. Let me know how u make out. Ask him for my discount.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Morn'n seeker...I have floats on the front of my REV...ran them at 4 lbs for the drag races this weekend, but of course there are no real bumps. Will be trying to figure out the answer as well this winter. I'm at 200 lbs and am going to start at 75 lbs and play from there.

I was in E&S on Friday and they have a few in stock. If you call there and talk to Josh and tell him Darren said to call he will courier one out to you. they dont usually do that but he does it for me and has done it for other guys that i have sent there. Let me know how u make out. Ask him for my discount.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I am still not sure what I am going to do. I am thinking of throwing a set of Ohlins on the front maybe or Elka. I might run the fox for another season. I think I ran them at 80lbs last year in the front and they were stiff. thinking of trying 70lbs in the front.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I am still not sure what I am going to do. I am thinking of throwing a set of Ohlins on the front maybe or Elka. I might run the fox for another season. I think I ran them at 80lbs last year in the front and they were stiff. thinking of trying 70lbs in the front.

When your out boondocking try 35 to 45 lbs...but remember to pump them back up for the trail ride back........or it will be WAR or the BUSHES. Leaving the front skid shock at factory pressure is a no win situation.....if you increase it to relieve some ski pressure it trenches bad....if you decrease it to 100 psi it makes the 1000 even more front pig heavy.

Ask your dealer if he has a set of coil overs laying around you can try......I think you will be surprized........even many AC test riders think the same way

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i might have a extra pump,i'll look but if i dont i know ken at specialty has extras,lol

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I run a different sled but in my experience with mine 75 is way too stiff,I found 55 is about right for mine.
Fox floats on a Kingcat!
catmando!

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't like mine. I found them a pain in the arse. To stiff, too soft, when you think there right.... There not. They would collapse, and then they would seize.... Evey ride was a treat, never knowing what they were going to do. JMO.

Top Bottom