Fox float evol, in to a s-36 upgrade.

fountaintirexp

Reaction score
Website
www.fountaintire.com
Have a riding buddy who has the opportunity to trade his shocks out of the s-36 front end he bought for some float evol from an 09 summit. First question, will they fit with the narrow stance? 2nd question, is this even a good trade? I've seen mixed reviews on the floats. He's not a very aggressive rider, just learning to ride fyi.

ozzy

Reaction score
I'm also wondering the same thing evol x's from 08 to 12 I know lengths are different but only 1/2" thinking maybe just run less pressure in main chamber

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read that it has been done, but you will top out on big bumps. Reducing pressure would help, but you would sacrifice shock performance.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran mine like this last year and didnt have any problems. I talked to Tom about it this fall and he basically said doing it that way is fine if you are a trail rider, but for any other type of riding it is changing the geometry alot so it hurts performance all around. I am sending my fronts out to Tom to have them shortened up.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tom from Toms snowmobile in California. I have his evolution air rear skid also. I believe he said it costs $50 or so to shorten them. Riders Edge in Vernon can do the same thing for $60 if I remember correctly. Might be someone around edmonton that can do it to though so you dont have to mess around with shipping.

fountaintirexp

Reaction score
Website
www.fountaintire.com
Tom from Toms snowmobile in California. I have his evolution air rear skid also. I believe he said it costs $50 or so to shorten them. Riders Edge in Vernon can do the same thing for $60 if I remember correctly. Might be someone around edmonton that can do it to though so you dont have to mess around with shipping.

i'll let him know, I think he will pull the trigger and install the floats.

newfiebullet

Reaction score
Call Frank at SHOCK TEC in Ontario, great guy to deal with. Not sure what he charges to shorten the shocks but the rest of his prices are great deals.

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd be wondering if the Evols are so great why is the guy willing to trade them for stock HPGs? If they are from an 09 they may have alot of miles and need a little TLC which may cost more than just $50. If he's a newer/non aggresive rider he may not even notice the difference. IMO spend the money on the rear skid. That is where you'll get the most benefits.

Top Bottom