Fox Float 2 shocks help

thiels2

Reaction score
Got Fox Float 2 shocks all around with Timbersled skid in an 09 XP. Bought sled used at beginning of the year and have no experience with this suspension setup. Went out to Elkford for the day on Thursday and noticed my sled looked like it was from the 80's half way up trail. Rear suspension was melted right down and would not come up at all unless you lifted from back. Even when doing this it would compress down instantly when riding. I let it dry in the garage the next day checked pressure and had lost almost everything so I put rear shock back to 110 lbs and checked 5 min later and lost 60 lbs just sitting there. So my question is what is my best option rebuild or replace? who would be the best to take shock to for rebuild? How much does this cost?. Also what would be a good baseline start for pressures I have been running 85 in fronts 65 in front skid shock and 110 in rear skid shock I weigh 225 lbs 6' 1'' tall and do all mountain riding. Any advice or info is appreciated. Thanks guys.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best bet is to contact the guys at Timbersled for your setup specs, they have always been good to deal with.

Mr Husaberg

Reaction score
Take the shock out let all the air out. Screw the top of, it will be tight but it should spin off. Yours may not be tight enough and is leaking air. The air part should be serviced annually. Do a you tube search you will find tones of mountain bike stuff on how to do it. You can buy the fox fluid or just use 10 wt oil.

Top Bottom