Fork Seals

jhsummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.jhactivities.com
I know this is beginner chit. But, I have ridden sleds for years and just bought my first bike this summer because I can't stand jonezin' for motor sports through the summer. Anyways... My forks are dumping oil when I'm riding, not on the stand, just during rides. I assume my seals are shot. I have no clue how to take them apart and change the seals. Honestly I'm not even sure that is the issue or if maybe they just have a bunch of chit stuck in them. I took them off the bike but now I have now idea where to go. Should I just take them to the shop or takle this myself. I'd rather try myself because I just like doing that type of stuff but have NO idea what is involved. Any suggestions? It's a 2007 yz450.
Thanks for suggestions!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
If you havent done them before it's best to have them done or get someone to show you how to do it. You should use the proper seal drivers for the job as well. Get yourself the race manual for your bike there handy and show you how to do it. It's really not a big job once you've done it once. Good luck. PS never over tighten your bike straps when hauling it. Guaranteed to fawk ur seals.

jhsummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.jhactivities.com
Right on SumX. Thanks man. I was just checking youtub vids on how to do it and I think I'll just take it to the shop. I don't have any of the tools needed. Thanks again, really appreciate it!
Steve

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know this is beginner chit. But, I have ridden sleds for years and just bought my first bike this summer because I can't stand jonezin' for motor sports through the summer. Anyways... My forks are dumping oil when I'm riding, not on the stand, just during rides. I assume my seals are shot. I have no clue how to take them apart and change the seals. Honestly I'm not even sure that is the issue or if maybe they just have a bunch of chit stuck in them. I took them off the bike but now I have now idea where to go. Should I just take them to the shop or takle this myself. I'd rather try myself because I just like doing that type of stuff but have NO idea what is involved. Any suggestions? It's a 2007 yz450.
Thanks for suggestions!

tapered Broom Handle and impact will do u the trick haha :p

Top Bottom