Foot ware / boots

Beer Slayer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need a pair of warm winter boots!
What do you guys wear sledding, is it the same gear you'd wear driving a vehicle or shoveling snow?
I don't sled...but would like a decent pair of comfortable boots for general purpose use. They don't need to be safety boots.

Wife has a pair of FXR boots, keeps her feet warm but she has trouble walking in them.
Thanks

Ya I know I spelt foot wear wrong....

Last edited:

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a set of motorfist stompers that I use or my danner hunting boots. Good socks are key just to wick moisture away as well.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think what you are after is a decent pair of insulated hunting boots, if you are willing to deal with laces hands down the answer. Watch which soles you go with for winter traction. 1200 will be hot... 200 mild winter. Goretex is ideal, sled boots seem to be more rigid sole not ideal for walking IMO.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dunlop’s 100%. Actually I prefer the Dakota or Baffin or HH branded ones over the actual Dunlop’s, but that style of boot with a bama sock is by far my favourite. Warm and comfortable in any weather, and reasonably easy to manoeuvre around in.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dunlop’s 100%. Actually I prefer the Dakota or Baffin or HH branded ones over the actual Dunlop’s, but that style of boot with a bama sock is by far my favourite. Warm and comfortable in any weather, and reasonably easy to manoeuvre around in.

What he said ^^^^^^^^

Beer Slayer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for all the replies...I have a little investigating to do.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I just looked an mine are actually the Baffin's, I previously had the Dunlops but switched

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a set of Baffin that are good to -80 that i wear every ware great boot. Just got a set of tech 2's this year for riding nice boot stiff but loosening up but cannot drive in them as teh bottoms are way to stiff. felt like i was pushing the gas pedal through the floor and going no ware. Drove home bare foot

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife bought me a pair of Baffin polar boots, now i never need two sets of foot wear going out sledding. Just leave with the baffins and come back without having wet feet.

Top Bottom