flap or no flap.... that is the question!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back in '05 i melted down in the aluminum bowl in Hassler and had to be pulled out of the bowl by a turbo apex. The flap didnt do a damn thing he hit boost and blew me off my sled, had to steer around a couple trees for the straight shot lol felt kinda cool. Then to get back to the truck i was pulled by a M7 with the track on backwards i tryed riding on my dead sled through the flats HOLY flying chunks of ice!!! The flap didnt do a damn thing either bent my hand gaurds into my fingers broke the bill off my helmet before i had time to bail lol good times!!
Good ole flying ice chunks!!!
lol...that must have been fun, did you go out via the skinny trail thru the trees, or to the left and sidehill the saddle? I have towed and been towed out of there a few times myself.

in '04 my stator packed it in 2 bowls back in from the bears' den. didn't know how to get out via wolf creek back then, 7 of us hand bombed it up the first range to get back into the bears' den, but just couldn't get it up the chute back into the aluminum bowl. had to leave it and the fellas came back sunday with another motor from my buddy's summit while i sat in the hospital with a cracked sternum and broken ribs sustained in a 2 up crash because my buddy thought he could gap a 60 foot creek on the way out.

they made it into the aluminum bowl with that motor, and the stator went on it too! I came back the next day (all busted up) with my motor and new stator (thanks ken at himark for changing it, on easter sunday at 10 pm) and drove it out. was a helluva weekend....

it had a snowflap.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol...that must have been fun, did you go out via the skinny trail thru the trees, or to the left and sidehill the saddle? I have towed and been towed out of there a few times myself.

in '04 my stator packed it in 2 bowls back in from the bears' den. didn't know how to get out via wolf creek back then, 7 of us hand bombed it up the first range to get back into the bears' den, but just couldn't get it up the chute back into the aluminum bowl. had to leave it and the fellas came back sunday with another motor from my buddy's summit while i sat in the hospital with a cracked sternum and broken ribs sustained in a 2 up crash because my buddy thought he could gap a 60 foot creek on the way out.

they made it into the aluminum bowl with that motor, and the stator went on it too! I came back the next day (all busted up) with my motor and new stator (thanks ken at himark for changing it, on easter sunday at 10 pm) and drove it out. was a helluva weekend....

it had a snowflap.

Skinny trail through the trees hense having to steer around the trees at the bottom!!! Gauge pack fuse went on the ride in then water pump belt broke and holy hot sieze!! the o-rings on the head were oozing down the cylinders!!
Ouch on the sternum!! The back way is an easy tow out stumbled on the trail only 2 years ago makes for a nice loop.
I had to pull the engine out of my Mod in Beaver creek cause we couldnt tow out the last steep chute, weekday playing hooky from work we were the only 2 in there with 2 feet of fresh. engine was the first package up, pipes the second trip up, then chassis was light enough to go. lol Nicasil flake caught the port and a ring ripped the 990 to chit

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skinny trail through the trees hense having to steer around the trees at the bottom!!! Gauge pack fuse went on the ride in then water pump belt broke and holy hot sieze!! the o-rings on the head were oozing down the cylinders!!
Ouch on the sternum!! The back way is an easy tow out stumbled on the trail only 2 years ago makes for a nice loop.
I had to pull the engine out of my Mod in Beaver creek cause we couldnt tow out the last steep chute, weekday playing hooky from work we were the only 2 in there with 2 feet of fresh. engine was the first package up, pipes the second trip up, then chassis was light enough to go. lol Nicasil flake caught the port and a ring ripped the 990 to chit
lol...chopper schmopper. hardcore brother....:beer::d

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
polarblu, i am assuming you are from the bc peace area, you know chris weissbach? he has some good video of me ripping the front bumper off a t-apex trying to tow it out from the warming cabin in hasler....lol. wish i could see that

Top Bottom