Finding Staging Areas easier

Andoo

Respected Military Member
Reaction score
On the page where the Clubs in Alberta are listed, is it possible to have GPS coordinates of the staging area(and secondary if applicable) placed beside the club name as a quick reference. With this done someone who has a lot of time can pin drop on a Google Earth/Map in a newly created Map tab on the same page? Ours is N53.68661 W112.91165. This may bring in more business to the club because now new members looking for a club can find one easier, discover different clubs and trails and meet new friends. The new map page can be used to share maps of trails so we don't go off the trails on a different clubs stomping ground and pizz people off. Any comments or suggestions?

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about a Google map link? Might be easier for some who are GPS challenged?

Andoo

Respected Military Member
Reaction score
For sure because not everyone has a GPS. There could be a map placed somewhere in the club forum under all the club links page with the tags labeled with names and GPS coordinates. A Picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks for the feed back. If I get all the info from the clubs I can do this no problem!!!!! I just need the info.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Our club actually has our entire system GPS'd and we have coordinates for all staging areas and intersections, they are all listed on our trail map. I'll have to look into getting the map and coordinates posted up.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I believe Ron is working on getting the "club area and staging maps" back up and running too, maybe someone can hunt him down and get him to chime in on this?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good idea Andrew.
Whitecourt Trailblazers Groat Creek Staging Area: 115 deg 50.705' W 54Deg 1.907' N
Eagle River Staging Area: 115Deg 46.822' W 54Deg 12.582' N
ASA Trail pass required

Downloadable pdf maps on Home of the Whitecourt Trailblazers
Big one for home, smaller one appropriate for your smart phone.

Top Bottom